We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Associate Product Manager
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel’s direct to consumer business has an ambitious growth agenda and is on the journey to scaling into a global organization. Our goal is to create best-in-class digital experiences for consumers to engage, explore and purchase the best of Mattel brands.
As an Associate Product Manager within the Direct to Consumer and e-commerce organization, you will be responsible for the end-to end digital product and services across a number of customer value propositions. We are looking for skilled and experienced customer-focused Associate Product Manager to help create the Mattel Direct-to-Consumer roadmap and deliver on our ambitious goals.
You will holistically manage the sprint planning, user acceptance testing, and launches– coordinating with stakeholders from the business, UX and technology throughout that lifecycle.
You will define and monitor metrics, measuring and evangelizing the performance of your products. You will make strategic decisions based on data.
You will develop strong working relationships with relevant business, technology, and supply chain owners to ensure relevant and beneficial products are delivered to market.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Develop globally applicable consumer facing & enabler digital products & services across:
- Mattel brands to create a best-in-class digital experience for consumers shopping, exploring, and visiting our core Mattel Brand sites
- Collector experiences to reach the adult fans of our Mattel brands through event-based selling platform
- Influence and deliver against product roadmap
- With the Sr Manager, guide the vision and strategy for your product(s), ensuring teams are working towards that vision and the wider business is aware and aligned
- Be able to interpret customer / market / technology trends and to share views more widely on how they will affect the business and their product space
- Capable of working with a team with multiple cross-functional resources in the delivery of a complex product set
- As a Product expert, promote new ideas in the team, encourage and facilitate agile working practices with business stakeholder teams
- Own & develop mixed product backlogs
- Build backlogs that cover requirements across customer, business, and technology
- Continuously prioritize with the team and relevant stakeholders
- Ensure efficient backlog management, planning and grooming
- Manage the end-to-end product development lifecycle
- Gather requirements from relevant business stakeholders (discovery, design & definition)
- Liaise with the Digital Merchandising and Marketing teams to undertake experience mapping, journey development, user research & testing, ensuring customer needs are captured
- Manage dependencies and risks across multiple teams
- Report on progress against new feature objectives and key results to key stakeholders, communicating decisions/recommendations to optimize or stop new features
What We’re Looking For:
- 5 years’ work experience (3 with MBA), with at least 3 years of Product Management experience, demonstrating successful development of roadmaps through to product launch and optimization
- Prior experience within a customer-driven retail e-commerce organization is required
- Strong communication skills and experience in dealing with business stakeholders - relatability to non-technical business users and technical resources
- Experience working with UX designers and software engineers, managing day-to-day product deliverables
- Prioritize mobile-first and performance when creating customer experiences
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve customer problems, using data and insights to make decisions
- Experience with analyzing, benchmarking and iteratively increasing conversion rates in your products.
- Competitive analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical capability
- Interest and/or experience in Web 3.0 is a plus
- Relevant agile and product management qualifications/certifications desirable
The annual base salary range for this position is between $85,600 and $129,000.
**This range is indicative of projected hiring range, however annual base salary will be determined based on a candidate’s work location, skills and experience.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Mattel we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Flexible Work:
We embrace a flexible work model designed to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where every employee can reach their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with flexibility, our focus is to optimize performance and drive connection for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
AA/EEO and Accessibility Commitment
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Mattel aims to make its Careers website accessible. It is Mattel’s Policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you’re interested in applying for employment with Mattel, and need assistance with this online system at any point during the application, screening or selection process, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@mattel.com. It is Mattel's Policy to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, social origin, age, marital status, veteran and protected veteran status, disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Mattel has also developed an Affirmative Action Program in compliance with federal regulations and to enhance Mattel's objectives of equal access to opportunities at all levels of employment.