We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager Security Operations
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Manager, Security Operations & Investigations will be the lead for Mattel’s El Segundo, CA corporate campus. This includes standardizing and enhancing security operations and personnel, strengthening relationships with local / state / federal law enforcement agencies, optimizing security preparedness and emergency response capabilities, and successful resolution of complex investigations, while demonstrating strong leadership behaviors and skills to create a cohesive and high functioning team. This position reports to the Director of Global Security and Compliance.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Build and lead a cohesive and high functioning El Segundo security team by fostering teamwork, strong communication, integrity and a positive culture.
- Provide strategic physical security guidance to ensure compliance with corporate and governmental regulatory policies, standards, guidelines or procedures
- Direct the development and communication of the crisis management program's structure and strategy.
- Leverage subject-matter expertise to sustain a high state of emergency preparedness, support crisis management and business continuity initiatives to reduce the impact of disruptive events
- Lead project committee teams to support the Global Security Strategy initiatives to include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Mattel Global Security One Team programs.
- Primary contact for all physical security matters (ex. crisis management, special events, investigations, officer deployment) for assigned sites.
- Oversee the security requirements for events staff during public engagements to ensure appropriate levels of security coverage are in place.
- Partner with Global Security team members to share, learn and implement best practices.
- Investigate assigned safety and security investigations. Collaborate with internal departments to support non security related investigations as needed.
- Manage investigative resources to independently conclude investigations in adherence to Global Security & Investigations best practices and keep management informed of developments that impact case results and assigned case load.
- Support Mattel’s GSOC operations by collaborating to develop and maintain Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) and identifying internal and external tools that will help monitor risks that could have adverse impact to organizations assets, facilities and/or personnel.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders as needed to ensure effective daily operations.
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years’ experience in investigations, corporate security management, brand protection, with major corporation and/or law enforcement
- Preferred certification of CFE, PSP, and/or CPP
- Interviewing experience
- Experience in Leading teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Spanish both written and verbal communication preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Respectful- Exhibit unwavering integrity always
- One team- Take a whole company view about what is best for Mattel.
- Inquisitive- Stay curious and keep learning everyday
- Action oriented- Deliver on goals to achieve outcomes versus activities
- Problem solving- Demonstrate resilience in the face of challenge
- Communicator- Be transparent and share ideas and information clearly
- Nimble- Act decisively and with a sense of urgency
- Change Management – Influence forward thinking and embrace change
- Demonstrated a growth mindset by staying curious and continuously learning, embracing challenges, and improving themselves.
The annual base salary range for this position is between $83,200 and $123,000.
**This range is indicative of projected hiring range, however annual base salary will be determined based on a candidate’s work location, skills and experience.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Mattel we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
AA/EEO and Accessibility Commitment
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Mattel aims to make its Careers website accessible. It is Mattel’s Policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you’re interested in applying for employment with Mattel, and need assistance with this online system at any point during the application, screening or selection process, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@mattel.com. It is Mattel's Policy to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, social origin, age, marital status, veteran and protected veteran status, disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Mattel has also developed an Affirmative Action Program in compliance with federal regulations and to enhance Mattel's objectives of equal access to opportunities at all levels of employment.