We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a severy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and enterpreneurs of all kinds.
Amstelveen, North Holland
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Marketing team consists of 5 people: Marketing Manager, 3 Brand Managers and Marketing Coordinator.
We are looking for a Marketing intern that will be part of the marketing team for Mattel Benelux with several on-going projects and tasks.
As Marketing intern, you will support the department in the planning and implementation of marketing communication activities. You will have the chance to experience crafting brands for life and create meaningful connections, both internally and externally. You will get the opportunity to work with New Media, PR and the European marketing teams on new exciting brands or products and you will learn from one of the best teams in the marketing industry.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Work closely with your line manager the Head of marketing for Benelux and other members of the mkt team on key analytical projects . You will be preparing toy category competitive set brand performance analysis, pricing trackers and report findings.
- Support brand managers within brand activations of our famous brands like Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price collaborating with other areas of the commercial team as Sales, Finance or Supply Chain. For On-line you will help to drive execution of innovative digital media/retail campaigns.
- Collaboration on the development of marketing plans for the launch of new products/brands.
- Develop/adapt /translate/copyright communication materials for our world-famous brands across TV, social, digital and print for the local languages.
- Work in cooperation with external parties (media agency, licensors, retail) and internal parties (regional marketing, sales)
- Support the Benelux marketing team in daily administrative tasks such as demand consensus meetings, line selection, pricing.
What We’re Looking For:
- Curiosity, proactivity and enthusiasm: you will have strong desire to learn along with professional drive and growth mindset.
- Teamwork: as you’ll be working with the marketing teams as well as other teams across the company, you will need to have a strong work ethic, be reliable and accountable
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex data in simple solutions
- Communication skills: as you’ll be working with an international team, you will have good knowledge of English. French and Dutch are a big plus. As you’ll be exposed to senior management as well as external parties, you will need to have excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Current enrollment in a Marketing/Communication or related BS or Masters degree
- International experiences such as Erasmus or studies abroad, are a big plus!
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.