We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager, Global Procurement Logistics, APAC
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel APAC Global Procurement Logistics Team is seeking a Global Procurement Logistics Manager based in Australia.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Procurement, this person will be assigned certain logistics categories, strategies and projects to manage to positive outcomes. This includes assisting in or directly managing the development of category strategies, cost saving initiatives and global/regional sourcing projects with a focus on Logistics across Mattel. Key logistics areas include, distribution centers/ 3PL, drayage, outbound transportation and other Logistic supporting services. Additionally, the role supports development of total cost supply chain strategies and partners closely with key Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance and Product Sourcing stakeholders.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Lead global and regional cross functional teams driving cost, quality, service, technology, and innovation efficiencies through stakeholder engagement using data and spend analysis
- Develop and manage end-to-end Request For Information / Request For Proposals spanning from creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process through vendor selection, in collaboration with Integrated Sourcing Team (IST)
- Oversee the contracting process and supplier negotiations to ensure cost savings targets are achieved and internal stakeholder requirements are incorporated in all new agreements. This includes mentoring Team members on negotiations.
- Partner with Finance and Logistics teams to accurately forecast annual category spend, align critical cost assumptions, and reconcile actual spend against financial targets
- Develop and lead supplier relationship management efforts focusing on the top strategic suppliers which require engagement with senior management at Mattel and third party organizations
- Share best practices with the Global Procurement Logistics team’s activities to drive synergies and improve effectiveness
- Continually review current contracts to ensure business is protected and identify procurement risks and opportunities
- Drive usage of the Coupa e-sourcing platform by the team and become a key advocate of the platform
- Ensure all Global Procurement Logistics legal documents are in Coupa for APAC region
- Assist in developing and continually update a Logistics Road Map of activities
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in Business, Finance, Operations/Supply Chain, or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on professional experience in the Supply Chain Sector with regional coverage
- Strong track record in building both internal and external relationships
- Experience working closely with and frequently presenting to senior management
- Experience developing contract terms with legal
- Understand local and regional legislation, taxation and reward practices
- Strong project management, negotiation, presentation skills with ability to influence
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving, and project management skills
- Solid financial, business acumen and ability to understand business strategy
- Working knowledge of Coupa, Coupa Sourcing Optimization and Contracting Modules, ORACLE is a plus
- Proficient in Power Point & Excel
- Fluent in English, knowledge in Mandarin, Japanese or other Asian language a plus
- Able and willing to travel (may require up to 15% travel)
- Applicants who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship are preferred
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.