We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Regional Marketing Intern - Barbie & Dolls
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel Iberia is currently seeking for a passionate intern for our office in Barcelona, who is eager to learn and develop himself or herself in a multinational and challenging environment.
We look for people that are excited by a challenge, want to be rewarded for performance and who are motivated to make things happen. Through your experience at Mattel you will be able to discover your inner spirit by seeing the business from different perspectives and accelerate your career growth.
Do you want to be part of it?
Purpose of the position:
You will support the Regional MKT Barbie & Other Dolls team on the development of regional strategies, assets creation & analysis of the EMEA market and competition.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Support with creation of brand strategy and product line for EMEA.
- Support the launch of new products.
- Analysis of toy market and competition.
- Cross benchmark across EMEA countries to better understand the opportunities.
- Work close with local Sales, European Customer Marketing and Market Research to drive sales, revenue and market share.
- Management of product information across Mattel tools.
- Administrative support.
We offer a competitive remuneration and many attractive benefits. We grow through diverse learning opportunities that elevate our knowledge, skills and aspirations. Right from the beginning, our interns will have the opportunity to take responsibility for interesting projects and various challenging tasks.
In our offices in EMEA we provide a fun, engaging and fast-paced working environment, that fosters creativity and teamwork. We work with passion for play, so we also
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, in Marketing or related fields.
- Previous experience in Marketing or similar departments is a plus.
- Fluent in English (it is the main language you will use in your day to day).
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Project).
- Analysis skills.
- Learning agility & creativity skills.
- Organizational skills & attention to details.
- Curiosity and eager to challenge the status quo.
- Team player.
- Multicultural mindset & respectful.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.