We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Sr. Hair Salon Stylist
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Sr. Hair Salon Stylist will be part of our Girl Salon department at our American Girl Place Retail Store in Chicago, IL.
The Opportunity: We are currently seeking a Sr. Hair Salon Stylist (Full-Time) for our Salon who can be innovative and thrive in a friendly children’s retailer and fast-paced environment.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Provide personalized premium customer service through active listening, anticipating needs, offering suggestions/knowledge regarding product, dining and store experiences, overcoming objections and closing the sale, and responding to special requests.
• To provide hair salon and doll salon services to guests that ensure a high-level experience at American Girl. This includes answering questions, providing general guest assistance, styling Girl's hair according to company standards, resolving guest issues, conducting inventory of salon supplies, stocking area for ease of work, cleaning and maintaining work space, and communicating needs to management.
• The Sr. Stylist performs a broad range of styles and must be able to work with a variety of hair lengths, types and textures. They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and services knowledge necessary to effectively provide services to meet the needs of our guests.
• The Sr. Stylist will be responsible for supporting day to day activity in our reservations system, Inventory, manage guest traffic/appointments, perform girl styles as needed, troubleshoot technical or guest related issues, manage day to day operations of the business.
What We’re Looking For:
• Current Illinois Cosmetology license for hair and nails
• Ability and experience to style hair in various styles and perform nail services
• Minimum of 2 years work experience as a stylist, preferred
• High energy, experience in a fast-paced service environment with a passion for quality
• Organizational skills, inventory management, flexibility and corporate relationship skills are required
• Experience working with children, preferred
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and organizational skills are essential.
• Well-developed computer skills are essential; must be a skilled user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.