Retail and Merchandising Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
American Girl Columbus is looking for a dynamic individual as a Flyer to support the Retail and Operations Departments with daily responsibilities by providing prompt, efficient and exceptional service to internal and external customers in order to ensure an excellent experience at American Girl retail locations.
This would include providing sales assistance, experience department support, visual and operations supports both FOH and BOH. the interpersonal skills to provide prompt, efficient and exceptional sales assistance within our customer-oriented environment.
• Execute daily tasks in the prescribed manner in order to support retail, operations, visual and/or experience based on business needs.
• Acknowledge, approach and assist all customers in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple customers effectively.
• Support and process all store/interdepartmental needs promptly and efficiently.
• Ensure that the store environment is safe for internal and external customers.
• Uses knowledge of merchandising standards and work with retail partners to support any necessary floor changes due to product availability.
• Help resolve customer problems and make suggestions/share product knowledge to turn returns into exchanges.
• Communicate merchandise and service needs to Store Leadership or MOD on timely basis.
• Provide assistance to accomplish team and company goals.
• High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
• 6 months to 1 year of experience in retail or service industry, preferred.
• Must possess basic computer skills; some experience using a POS System, preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lb, required.
• Good verbal communication and technical skills, required.
• Must be friendly, approachable, and willing to offer assistance to a guest in a respectful manner, especially children.
• Must be willing to work a flexible retail schedule, including days, nights and weekends.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.