We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Operations and Visual Lead
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Lead Merchandise Operations position is part of the American Girl Columbus retail store team.
American Girl Cplumbus is looking for a dynamic individual as a Lead Merchandising Operations to manage the day-to-day operation of the Operations and Merchandising Department, including coaching associates to standards and assisting associates in the performance of daily tasks. This a benefit eligile postion.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Monitor and supervise placement of merchandise both on the selling floor and in the stockroom according to visual, safety and efficiency standards.
• Supervise and verify incoming and outgoing trailers and manifests.
• Assist with the execution of cycle counts and physical inventory preparation.
• Assist in troubleshooting and maintenance of store’s PC’s and registers.
• Use knowledge of merchandising standards and work with retail to create floor plans for new product launches, seasonal floor sets and any necessary floor changes due to product availability.
• Assist with in-store merchandising, signage and point-of-purchase displays to showcase new product and sales items and ensure all graphics and signage is accurate and current.
• Maintain daily displays to the highest standards of presentation.
• Demonstrate product knowledge and keep current with brand. Work on the sales floor, interact with customers, ring sales and lead by example.
• Supervise non-exempt employees and participate in decisions that may impact hiring, discipline, and termination of employees.
• Promote team environment; coach and motivate department members; delegate and develop skill set of team; provide regular and constructive feedback, including performance reviews.
• Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned such as ordering store supplies and staff scheduling.
What We’re Looking For:
• 1-2 years of retail environment experience, preferred. Visual merchandising experience and knowledge of general visual principles, preferred.
• Experience in maintaining/troubleshooting IT and POS equipment, preferred.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Must be available to work open and close shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.