We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Assoc Manager Public Relations
East Aurora, New York
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Associate Manager of Global Brand Communications will support the larger Brand Communications team to help create and execute public relations campaigns on behalf of Mattel, specifically across our Infant & Preschool portfolio. The Associate Manager of Global Brand Communications will support best-in-class global communications strategies that will create maximum value for the company. Working alongside the Senior Manager, Global Brand Communications and working closely with multiple cross-functional partners including marketing, promotions, design, and legal teams, and when appropriate licensors/licensees. This role will assist in creative and impactful storytelling to strengthen brand reputation. This role will also work closely with external agencies in the implementation of campaigns and assist in coordinating plans with global market partners.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Support all aspects of global communications campaign led by department Senior Manager and Vice President
• Draft and distribute materials designed to communicate PR initiatives, as well as generate publicity, including press releases, media alerts and product fact sheets
• Support critical projects alongside the larger Global Brand Communications team as we collaborate and partner with multiple cross-functional teams
• Create forward looking plans and handle various details around tentpole marketing programs, supporting partner management, internal partners and external PR agencies
• Utilize internal and external resources in the development of materials, own media relations and consult on social media & influencer strategies designed to generate positive brand/product publicity
• Help to measure the effectiveness of communications campaigns by conducting in-depth analysis to gain insights around results, inform reporting of findings to brand teams, and implement learnings to future campaign strategies
• Stay in regular contact with trade, business, entertainment and consumer journalists. The role will also audit key media and influencers regularly to stay informed of industry trends or hot button issues to inform future PR strategy
• Develop a deep understanding of the Infant & Preschool Portfolio of brands and related communications programming and details
What We’re Looking For:
• An interest in and passion for purposeful impact in children’s lives around the world
• 5+ years of PR experience, preferably in an agency or in-house CPG company
• A solutions-oriented mindset with the ability to perform and complete tasks in partnership with the Global Brand Communications team and cross-functional partners in an efficient and high-quality manner
• Excellent writing and communications skills required, as well as flawless editing skills with an attention to detail
• Candidate must have the ability to efficiently handle and time-manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, adapt to shifting priorities and be very detail-oriented.
• Candidate must display good interpersonal skills, including a positive, cooperative attitude - both inside and outside the department.
• Demonstrate strong interest and understanding of social, traditional media and the toy industry
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.