We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Associate Manager, Regional Accounts Receivable
East Aurora, New York
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Associate Manager, Regional Accounts Receivable is responsible for management of accounts receivable (AR) function in assigned regions in Mattel’s global portfolio. The scope of this role includes cash application, collection, deduction management, credit memo management, reserve calculation, reporting, and any other functions that drive revenue cashflow. Candidates for this role must be adept at driving results with a sense of urgency, overseeing 3rd party AR activity and supporting process improvement initiatives.
What your impact will be:
- This position will be located at our East Aurora, NY campus.
- Drive daily operations of the cash applications and collections of outstanding receivables and deductions, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency to meet and exceed department metrics.
- Provide customer service regarding collection escalation to quickly resolve discrepancies, overcome barriers, provide visibility, establish clear process and expectations.
- Timely escalation and communication of significant or business critical issues.
- Perform analytic reporting to identify root causes of customer chargebacks/deductions to drive improvements in past-due balances, deductions, DSO, and speed/accuracy of cash applications
- Lead the preparation of statistics (including aging reports, Cash Forecasting, DSO, and analysis of bad debt) and develop and implement action plans to resolve issues and outstanding balances
- Assess collection risk and oversee calculation of quarterly AR reserves.
- Coordinate the monthly, quarterly, and year-end AR closing processes, Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) controls, etc.
- Lead the completion of internal and external audit requirements
- Work-shadowing to support, identify, and document process gaps for improvement opportunities
- SME responsible for end user process, SOP review and process documentation
- Key resource in projects that involve transition of responsibilities to Shared Services and 3rd parties
- Work with Business Units and IT on AR System integration, enhancement, break-fix, testing and implementation
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with at least 2 years in an AR department with supervisory oversight
- Understanding of AR Accounting, Collection and Deduction processes
- Experience with current Order-to-Cash systems, automating Cash Application and developing collections strategies
- Experience in a shared services environment, with outsourced model or co-sourced model experience strongly preferred
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines
- Highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology
- Professional, articulate, and able to use good independent judgment and discretion
- Flexible, occasionally working weekends or after business hours may be expected
- experience and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced international environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player.
- Experience with Oracle R12, Cloud, or related ERP
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.