We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Director, Human Resources Business Partner
East Aurora, New York
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Global Human Resources team are partners to all employees, delivering a meaningful, end to end employee experience. Our role is to attract, develop and engage employees in a purpose-centered work environment. Together, we challenge the status quo, encourage progressive thought, and influence meaningful change across the business. Our global HR team serves more than 30,000 employees in more than 30 countries. In all that we do, we strive to be a talent-led organization that cultivates equality, inclusion and empowerment for our employees and the communities we serve. We value meaningful work and creating personalized career opportunities as we build a world class HR team.
Every day, our Global Human Resources team role models the following competencies:
- Influential Advisor - Champions an idea and provides solutions that impact the business;
- Builder of Organizational Capabilities - Creates processes and opportunities to support organizational priorities;
- Driver of Transformation - Leads with a growth mindset, continuously pursuing ways to remove barriers to execution;
- Strategic Mindset - Utilizes available resources such as data, insights, analysis, and team perspectives to inform decision making;
- Business Acumen - Applies knowledge of the industry, market trends and competitive landscape to guide business outcomes.
HR Business Partners work closely with business leaders to translate talent and culture priorities into locally relevant plans that attract, develop, and retain best-in-class talent. We are trusted advisors, and we empower our teams to reach their goals.
The Director Human Resources position based in Buffalo, NY is responsible for managing Mattel’s on-site HR team in East Aurora and leads as the primary Business Partner for the Infant, Toddler and Pre-School Category/Fisher-Price brand organization. Reporting into the SVP, Human Resources located at Mattel Headquarters in El Segundo, CA, this position is a key rotational role providing future development opportunities within the Global Mattel HR team.
What Your Impact Will Be:
Partner with Fisher Price Sr. Leadership team and other business leaders to:
- Strategically assess needs and remove barriers to drive business; performance through development and delivery of people strategy and solutions;
- Cultivate a culture of accountability through rigorous goal setting and performance measurement;
- Implement alternative organizational design models to establish new capability requirements, up-skill talent, and achieve organizational goals;
- Implement a talent strategy to develop future leaders and pipeline talent bench within each business unit (e.g., workforce and succession planning, performance management, and organizational development).
Coach leaders to manage and maximize the skills and capabilities on their team and create a culture of empowerment and accountability.
Provide proactive and effective coaching to leaders to increase organizational effectiveness.
Provide guidance to managers and employees to ensure full understanding and practical application of HR programs, practices, and policies.
Maintain awareness of emerging trends and best practices to ensure alignment of the people strategy to the business objectives.
Utilize data and insights to drive decision making and proactively solve for trends.
What We’re Looking For:
- 8-10+ years of experience in Human Resources role;
- 5+ years of experience in an HR Business Partner role;
- Interest towards career development/progression with mobility to other Mattel offices;
- Comprehensive organizational design/development and change management experience. Navigates ambiguity with ease;
- Experience implementing programs in workforce planning, talent management, compensation, employee relations, training & development, and legal/compliance;
- Knowledge of HR legal practices and proven employee relations skills;
- Ability to build and facilitate trusted business partnerships across multiple functional groups;
- Demonstrates a global mindset and thrives in a consumer facing, global, matrix working environment;
- Demonstrates high-level business acumen and learning agility, is data driven and leads with problem-solving orientation.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.