We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Financial Associate - Account Payable
East Aurora, New York
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Mattel Global Shared Services Accounts Payable team is responsible for global processing of invoices and payments. We support the business process outsource organization in India, cash forecasting, employee expense reimbursements, audit functions, and supplier maintenance.
We are looking for a Financial Associate on our Accounts Payable team to support weekly disbursements and the high volume of invoices. This will be an opportunity to support our world class organization. The position is located at our East Aurora, NY office. Role will work a hybrid schedule.
- Support weekly disbursement schedules including the review, reconciliation and submission of payment batches and forecasted data for the North/South America and EMEA regions
- Create, publish and maintain payment calendars
- Support aspects of Mattel’s Central Pay program such as:
- Onboarding for new cardholders, granting system access and setting up account numbers in Oracle
- Support employees with basic T&E inquiries
- Review audit data to ensure compliance with Corporate T&E Guideline
- Reconcile monthly credit card files
- Support all global P2P activities in Coupa and Oracle, including invoice submission, entry, routing and resolution to ensure timely booking and payment of all supplier disbursements
- Support month end close activiites
- Train BPO (Genpact) on AP activities and monitor for accuracy. Escalate findings as needed
- Backup any time sensitive supplier onboarding/offboarding activities to ensure timely updates in Coupa master data, including secondary validations required to reissue failed payments.
- Monitor and resolve daily Coupa queues for withholding, tax, and/or tolerance holds
- Participate in various MGSS P2P projects to meet corporate objectives, including those that will drive improvements in our P2P and T&E processes. Examples include future platform upgrades in P2P and banking platforms
- Support regression and UAT testing efforts as needed
- Support daily operations with Business Process Outsourcing and manage the Tier 2 escalations with both business units and suppliers to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution
- Maintain and report key metrics to validate accuracy, understand root cause analysis, and implement future enhancements
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Meet Service Level Agreements with our business partners as well as Mattel’s Financial Policies
- Participate in governance and customer forum calls with our stakeholders, BPO and Senior Management as needed
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with MGSS customers while providing high quality, efficient and courteous service
- Compliance with all Mattel Global Shared Services, Controller’s Office, and SOX procedures
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent Accounts Payable experience
- 3-4 years related experience in accounting, finance or a related field
- Exemplary attendance and job performance
- Ability to work in a team environment, keeping with Mattel’s One-Team values
- Strong knowledge of PC’s and software including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Oracle and Coupa experience
- Ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet necessary TAT’s
- Excellent written & interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with people at all levels. Must be able to work together with other MSSSA Managers and MSSSA business unit personnel daily across the globe
- Ability to recognize opportunities to streamline and standardize global processes
- Ability to stay organized, to be flexible and to manage priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.