We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
East Aurora, New York
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Royalty and Advertising Accounting team is part of the Franchise Finance organization and is responsible for the accounting and reporting functions for both royalties and advertising. We work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders as well as with outside parties to ensure accuracy of accounting and timeliness of our reports. The success of the team is critical in helping Mattel to be the Partner of Choice with our licensors.
Mattel is currently seeking a Manager to join the Royalty and Advertising Accounting team in East Aurora, NY. This position is responsible for the proper accounting of royalties and advertising in Mattel’s financial statements as well as the oversight of critical analytical accounting and operational functions for worldwide royalty contract administration and payment calculations across all Mattel brands. The role requires regular contact with outside licensors and third-party audit firms as well as many internal stakeholders such as legal, tax, and marketing. The selected candidate will need to develop a sound understanding of the operational issues that affect the administration of royalty contracts both from a systems perspective and from a customer interaction perspective.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Manage the administration of all assigned royalty contracts
- Oversee monthly/quarterly reconciliations & analysis of Prepaid, Accrual, and Expense accounts
- Own and certify SOX compliance & maintain audit narratives documents
- Coordinate the preparation of Intercompany invoices and government reporting requirements
- Lead internal & external audits to successful conclusion
- Coordinate the entry of new product SKUs and new contracts and amendments into the World Wide Licensing (WWL) system
- Perform financial forecasts for royalty expenses including analysis of minimum guarantees and prepaid expenses
- Manage ad-hoc requests (i.e. analysis/reporting/etc.) to facilitate business decisions
- Continuously seek ways to drive process improvements
What We’re Looking For:
- 6 to 8 years experience with a proven track record working in various accounting capacities (e.g., general accounting, management, and external reporting)
- Strong understanding of financial and accounting concepts
- Ability to manage and work with large amounts of data
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Hyperion and Oracle systems is a plus
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.