Accounting and Finance Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Sr. Collections Associate
East Aurora, New York
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Accounts Receivable & Collections
- Manage accounts receivable portfolio including collections, and chargebacks/disputes as assigned by manager.
- Timely management of strategic client portfolios including addressing and preventing past due account balances through interaction with customers and strategizing with internal customer relationship partners.
- Reconciliation and performance analysis of customer accounts, preparation of ad-hoc reporting, including customer contacts, dispute resolutions, current aging status and/or others, as assigned by management.
- Analyze, research, and resolve past due items maintaining collection standard for current aging status for assigned accounts. Liaison with customer contacts via telephone, email and customer web portals to collect data from various customer locations, resolve payment issues and facilitate collections.
- Arrange and manage customer payment plans and negotiations consulting with Sr. Manager of Customer Accounting and Credit Manager including legal for severe and critical past due accounts.
- Access and navigate customer websites/portals to retrieve invoice payment information, claim copies and/or to resolve disputed / unpaid balances.
- Maintain detailed documentation of collection activity, including customer contacts, follow up on open items and account resolution status in Oracle and High Radius applications.
- Serve as a Collections SME to provide training and support to Genpact BPO for resolution of operational and compliance issues.
- Communicate and prepare weekly collection estimates for major customer accounts to Treasury and Finance teams to utilize for cash flow forecasts.
- Perform weekly review of Past Due Smart Sheet report and work with Genpact BPO Collection Team directly who are responsible for daily collection calls, correspondence, credit memos, and subsequent follow-up on Accounts Receivable (A/R) issues.
- Review aged trial balance to highlight collection problems and potential bad debts. Identify delinquent accounts requiring external collection efforts and charges off to Bad Debts as necessary.
- Help develop sound, acceptable collection policies while challenging existing processes. Identify areas of opportunity and innovative ways of doing business within our business applications.
- Partner with various functions in the Order-to-cash process including Sales, Logistics, Customer Service and various finance functions to resolve client issues timely and accurately.
- Analyze, maintain and resolve all Deduction dispute claims in Oracle and High Radius. Identify root causes of customer chargebacks/ deductions, update cases with gathered documentation and collaborate with internal or external business partners on solutions to remedy the issues.
- Research and manage all customer chargebacks, including retrieval of documentation and coding/payments from 3rd party systems. Input all dispute documentation in High Radius from Application Extender following through to final resolution.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end reporting of chargebacks/deduction account on Collector allocated portfolios. Significant emphasis on minimizing the number of chargebacks through timely research and internal partnership to drive process improvements.
- Analyze and research high volume claim discrepancies and recommend process improvements where applicable.
- Significant communication with internal business partners to drive company initiatives and maintain / improve accounts receivable portfolio performance.
- Effective communication with external partners to ensure account collections and dispute management cases are closed timely.
- Identify most important accounts receivable balances to collect on to meet company goals, and proactively connect with customers to ensure timely payment of related invoices. Build relationships with recurring customers to facilitate a smooth collection process.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of collection activity to meet all internal control requirements.
- Participate in special projects, assist management in quarterly and year-end audits and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Understand and readily support company business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- Provide guidance and training for BPO collection team. Set collection goals for assigned collectors and work with the BPO Management to monitor performance against these objectives. Assists BPO Collection Team with management of accounts and more difficult issues.
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of projects and drive to completion to achieve success. Able to analyze receivables situations, and then apply creative problem-solving skills to resolve client disputes and disagreements.
Experience, Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of two years of collections, accounts receivable, or customer service experience required.
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills with additional emphasis on customer contact, deduction and account reconciliation.
- Must possess the ability to manage significant customer relationships by providing thorough analytics and data to resolve open receivables and disputes.
- Working knowledge with PC software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Oracle, IBM Cognos Analytics and High Radius.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in an organized manner with strong attention to detail, accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Good organization skills and ability to prioritize workload throughout day to ensure timely follow up and effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Critical observation – detailed oriented, ability to research, analyze.
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines.
- Conflict Resolution – diffuse negative situations, persuade, negotiate
-Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and sound decision making skills to meet collection goals.
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.