We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Sr Social Media Engagement Coordinator
East Aurora, New York
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel, Inc. is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Community Management to join our Global Social Media Team. This position will support community management strategy and execution across Mattel brands to ensure they’re represented in an authentic voice. This role is integral in executing a successful community management strategy on TikTok to build brands’ presence and relevance while also validating fans and creators. The community manager will also work to strengthen relationships with influencers through consistent engagement and capitalize on pop culture trends to drive brand visibility. Primary social channels include TikTok, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the following brands: Fisher-Price, Barbie and Barbie Style, Monster High, Hot Wheels, UNO/Games, Masters of the Universe, Mattel Corporate, Thomas & Friends, MEGA Brands and Mattel Creations.
- Manage daily community management for Barbie and UNO TikTok accounts, and react to trends in real time to build brand presence and drive consumer engagement
- Engage with appropriate comments on all Barbie and UNO TikTok owned posts
- Identify and engage daily in off channel TikTok content with viral potential from Barbie and UNO brands
- Build brand presence and visibility for Barbie and UNO brands and create authentic connections with fans
- Support new follower growth
- Lead influencer community management and liaise between influencer and community management teams to understand influencer campaigns across brands for engagement purposes.
- Lead Mattel non-profit partners community management and liaise between foundation and community management teams to understand foundation campaigns and priorities
- Identify surprise & delight opportunities in partnership with foundation team
- Create consistent process for liaising among social, influencer and brand teams to identify and curate UGC opportunities across Mattel brands.
- Support CR Social team with various needs, including but not limited to finding off channel engagement opportunities and providing support during key launch campaigns, brand livestream events, and pop culture live engagement opportunities
- Work closely with CR Social team during livestreams to identify engagement opportunities and moderate content
What We're Looking For:
- 2-3 years’ combined communication, social media and community management experience
- Strong understanding of social media landscape including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, etc / emerging platforms
- Possesses a passion for the toys, dolls, cars, games, entertainment properties, or action figures in Mattel's portfolio of Brands.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment.
- Highly organized, self-starter with copywriting and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative, creative and adaptive work style.
- Project management skill set
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and understanding of the principles of marketing, advertising, promotional and digital content.
- Advanced skills working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.