We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Associate Manager Email & CRM
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Associate Manager Email & CRM is part of the American Girl El Segundo corporate team.
The Associate Manager Email & CRM position is responsible for American Girl's Email marketing channel. This Associate Manager will not only manage the day-to-day program and execution of email deliveries and campaigns, as the superuser of American Girl's ESP, but also the strategy and program roadmap, monthly calendar, experimentation/testing plan, analytics/measurement and customer insights. The role will lead the planning, building, management, execution, reporting, and optimization of all American Girl marketing and triggered email campaigns.
What Your Impact Will Be:
* Own strategy and execution of all marketing and triggered emails and campaign for all our product
* Execute all aspects of the marketing and triggered email deployment process from pulling email audiences, uploading content, QA, launch, and monitoring email deployments
* Work with the in-house creative team (designer, copywriter) to brief for new assets and copy to test and grow retained customer population
* Lead our customer lifecycle strategy, segmentation, and execution across all channels (e.g, email, SMS, etc.) to grow revenue and orders per customer
* Own the retention marketing calendar and make sure growth marketing, social marketing, customer support, and others are all in alignment
* Report weekly, monthly, and quarterly acquisition and retention metrics with qualitative and quantitative analyses
* Ability to be highly creative in email concepting and identifying consumer behavior to devise email campaigns that engage, inform, motivate, and convert audiences
* Ability to create and analyze A/B tests via tools such as Optimizely using data (Excel, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, HTML Tools, SQL, etc.) to solve problems and drive revenue
* Keep up to date with the latest trends and best practices in email and mobile marketing and measurement
* Serve as liaison between 3rd party activation agencies to ensure all marketing toolkits and files are current for email template builds and release
* Maximize Email, SMS and Refer a Friend program to ensure we are utilizing their capabilities
* Analyze and report on customer behavior, sales data and customer feedback to create strategies to drive retention and LTV
* Implement historical learnings and ensure adherence to Email Marketing & CRM Best Practices
* Responsible for performance against key top-line business-critical metrics
* Responsible for development of American Girl's email strategy tied to engagement and conversion metrics that achieve the optimal consumer journey path
* Works cross functionally with Brand, Marketing, Promotions, American Girl's Rewards Program, Ecommerce and Digital Marketing, Business Intelligence, Content/Creative, and IT teams to ensure campaigns align with all other marketing activities
What We’re Looking For:
* 3-5 years working with ESPs, Adobe Campaign preferred
* Experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, WebTrends, etc.)
* Ability to provide in-depth reporting and analysis on all campaigns/customer KPI's and optimize accordingly
* Knowledge of HTML and/or SQL tools (W3Schools etc.)
* Adobe Marketing Cloud expertise is preferred
* Ability to build email HTML templates for emails is a plus
* Strong copywriting skills are preferred
* Entrepreneurial ethic
* Must have be organized, detail oriented, nimble and able to work in a fast-paced, evolving business environment
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.