We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Associate Manager Consumer Insights
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
The Global Consumer Insights department at Mattel, Inc. is looking for an Associate Manager with qualitative and quantitative research experience and advanced knowledge of research methodologies. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, an innovative thinker and poised presenter who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The Consumer Insights Associate Manager is responsible for duties including but not limited to the following:
- Independently executing qualitative and quantitative research projects, including product development, brand strategy, communication, tracking, and usability research for Mattel brands.
- Working with suppliers and internal research support services to plan and field primary consumer research projects for Mattel brands.
- Developing methodologies to successful gain insights to meet research objectives.
- Independently analyzing data that is gathered (qualitative and quantitative) from both primary research projects and from secondary sources.
- Reporting and presenting insightful findings with actionable recommendations to key partners, including the development presentation materials.
- Acting as a liaison between the Consumer Insights department and key brand partners through relationship building, proactively anticipating consumer research needs and representing the ‘voice of the consumer’ during brand meetings.
- Serving as a trusted advisor to brand teams when questions regarding the consumer arise.
- Collaborate with various internal team members through research process, including Business Insights, Strategy and regional counterparts.
- Identifying strategic opportunities and making well thought out recommendations to influence the business decisions of brand teams.
- Exploring opportunity areas, including:
- Identifying and contextualizing new products and trends relevant to Mattel consumers
- Researching emerging technologies and tech-enhanced products as it relates to the consumer
- Proactively initiating relevant research to understand new/adjacent categories
What We're Looking For:
- Undergraduate degree (BS, BA) with 5-8 years’ experience is required. Alternatively, an MBA or master degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience is required.
- Prior knowledge both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies is required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills (particularly writing reports) are a must.
- Must be able to very effectively time manage and juggle multiple projects and priorities and be flexible.
- Candidate must have the ability to efficiently handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, adapt to shifting priorities, and be very detail-oriented.
- Candidate must have analytic problem-solving skills with an advanced understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Candidate must be able to consistently demonstrate the ability to plan, execute, and complete a wide variety of projects in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical thinking and writing skills are required.
- Candidate must be able to synthesize multiple sources of information into meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional teams
- Candidate must be able to present insights with confidence and represent the ‘voice of the consumer’ in meetings with brand partners
- Candidate must display good interpersonal skills, including a positive, cooperative attitude - both inside and outside the department.
- Candidate must have the ability manage relationships and administrative processes with multiple research suppliers
What It’s Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey – that’s why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.