We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Associate Manager Marketing - Cat Cir - Buyer/Acquisition (American Girl)
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
American Girl, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, is excited to announce that we are recruiting for several Marketing positions, located at Mattel’s corporate office in El Segundo, California. American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in the design and production of quality toys and consumer products. American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, content, and experiences that nourish a girl’s spirit and help develop her strength of character. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of parents and educators.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Associate Marketing Manager is responsible for creating and driving the print marketing strategy for American Girl including managing the development and execution of mail plans, demand & order forecasts, and package cost estimates. This position works within the Omni channel Marketing team and is responsible for the analysis, forecasting, budgeting, planning and execution of all print efforts, including retention, reactivation, non-buyer, and acquisition mailings.
- Drive the mailing strategy through buyer retention and reactivation, non-buyers and acquisition to meet or exceed demand and profit goals. Identify, test, analyze and rollout new customer strategies and opportunities for increased corporate response, demand, and/or profitability. Manage the development, production, and communication of the mail plans.
- Manage multiple agencies and vendors that support the print marketing team: external modelers for print acquisition models, list broker, list manager, list fulfillment, catalogue printer, and the USPS.
- Partner with List Broker to develop and enhance the prospect database to further refine List Rental segmentation and selection criteria
- Oversee, manage and audit for accuracy the demand and order forecast for the direct channel. This forecast is used across the organization to plan inventory, staffing levels, and facility requirements. The forecasts are compared to actuals to benchmark performance for the Direct Channel.
- Prepare and approve in-the-mail budgets, monthly expense reconciliations, and package costs. Partner with print production team to identify cost savings opportunities, including print and paper RFPs.
- Work in partnership with Merchandiser, developing catalogue creative briefs- which include cover creative, page allocation and product line splits.
- Manage the Print production matrix, driving the Catalogue production specifics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years marketing experience working in multi-channel Retail or Consumer Products industry, where CRM driven cross-channel planning, execution, budgeting and analysis are essential. Strong Marketing background required.
- SAS proficiency, including data import and export, advanced usage of report, tabulate and summary procedures as well as macro writing expertise.
- Familiarity with SQL and Cognos.
- Understanding of Oracle relational database structures.
- Direct Mail experience. Expert in circulation planning with a background in customer profiling and database analysis.
- Experience with demand forecasting required. Multichannel marketing experienced preferred.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal & written
- Strong ability to adapt solutions to new situations requiring reasoning based on experience or interpretation
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.