We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Associate Manager Social Media
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel, Inc. is seeking an Associate Manager, Social Media to join our Global Social Media Team, based at our global headquarters in El Segundo, CA. This position will lead the strategic planning, development, ongoing execution and management of social media activities on behalf of the Dolls Portfolio brands. The role will support Mattel’s business objectives and evolve our digital footprint, emphasizing engagement, conversion and ensuring strong integration with and across the brand’s marketing campaigns. As a social media associate manager, you will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our brands. You are a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as you engage with followers daily, with the goal of turning fans into customers.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Develop the social media strategy, social media campaigns and tactical plans from beginning to implementation to support Mattel brands’ marketing efforts on social channels, creating opportunities to drive consumers towards the path of purchase and to meet aligned KPIs.
- Collaborate with, build relationships with and serve as primary contact for various stakeholders while building relationships internally, both locally and internationally (i.e., marketing, marcom, creative, digital, PR, legal, etc.) and externally (i.e., agencies) as it relates to Mattel brands.
- Innovate, oversee, and manage content creation, including creating detailed shot lists and briefs for creative teams.
- Read, write and edit copy, reviewing and routing written and visual assets for approval to internal stakeholders, and ensuring that all content is aligned with the social and marketing voice.
- Manage building content calendars, daily posting, community and asset management.
- Manage seven figure budgets ensuring judicious allocation of funds while optimizing resources to consistently deliver results.
- Partner with paid media team to define and develop calculated recommendations for supporting digital content to yield profitable results.
- Define and develop comprehensive performance goals to optimize social media efforts on a daily basis, while leveraging learnings and adapting to them.
- In tandem with the Manager, present strategies, analysis and key learnings regularly to senior leadership and various stakeholders.
- Actively monitor social media channels, determining when and how to engage and escalate accordingly.
- Identify trends, relevant news, influencers, and other opportunities in the social media space, helping to increase Mattel brands’ share of voice and sustain brand affinity and loyalty.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of emerging social media platforms and best-in-class tactics being used by others, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop existing communities.
- Seek out top influencers for content and work collaboratively across all teams to cultivate relationships with those influencers - both digitally and in-person.
- Analyze campaign and activation results and determine audience behavior and engagement to ensure that insights are integrated into current and future strategies, as well as develop frameworks to help refine our social media strategies.
- Track and report performance of social media marketing programs on an on-going basis to establish best practices, while comparing against internal and industry benchmarks.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and digital advancements, specifically in the Kid & Family, Entertainment, Fashion, Lifestyle and eCommerce spaces, while providing recommendations for Mattel's digital strategy.
- Represent Mattel and the social media team at industry conferences and live events.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years’ combined communication, social media and community management experience
- Strong understanding of social media landscape including TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc / emerging platforms
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment.
- Highly organized, self-starter with excellent copywriting and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative, creative and adaptive work style.
- Strong project management and presentation skills.
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and thorough understanding of the principles of marketing, advertising, promotional and digital content.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with CMS platforms such as Khoros, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator) are a plus.
- A mix of agency and client-side experience is highly preferred.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.