We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Associate Manager, Stock & Executive Compensation (Remote)
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Global Human Resources team are partners to all employees, delivering a meaningful, end to end employee experience. Our role is to attract, develop and engage employees in a purpose-centered environment. Together, we challenge the status quo, encourage progressive thought and influence meaningful change across the business. Our global HR team, serves more than 30,000 employees in more than 30 countries. In all that we do, we strive to be a talent-led organization that cultivates equality, inclusion and empowerment for our employees and the communities we serve. We value meaningful work and creating personalized career opportunities as we build a world class HR team.
Everyday, our Global Human Resources team role models the following competencies:
- Influential Advisor - Champions an idea and provides solutions which impacts the business
- Builder of Organizational Capabilities - Creates processes and opportunities to support organizational priorities
- Driver of Transformation - Leads with a growth mindset, continuously pursuing ways to remove barriers to execution
- Strategic Mindset - Utilizes available resources such as data, insights, analysis and team perspectives to inform decision making
- Business Acumen - Applies knowledge of the industry, market trends and competitive landscape to guide business outcomes.
This position will partner with the Director Stock & Executive Compensation in the design and execution of our global stock and executive compensation programs. We're open to remote work.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Ideate and collaborate with a highly engaged and collaborative compensation and benefits team to ensure that our offerings successfully attract, develop, and retain the best possible talent for Mattel as a high performing IP-driven company
- Think outside the box to refine processes and compensation programs to facilitate seamless delivery, operational excellence, and positive end-to-end employee experiences
- Support financial wellness by clarifying and simplifying messaging of compensation philosophy and programs
- Assist with executive compensation matters, including proxy statement, preparation of Board Compensation Committee meeting materials, and critical employee events (new hires, promotions, terminations)
- Communicate, collaborate, and partner with key internal groups (including Finance, Legal, Compensation, Human Resources, and employees), providing critical expertise to support, inform, and guide on stock and executive compensation design, implementation, and administration
- Interface with and manage the external administrative services provider of our stock program, including efficient oversight of stock administration on the third-party platform
- Oversee the global stock grant process, including compliance, processing, reporting, and communication
- Conduct benchmarking research and analysis on best practices and trends to inform strategy, and handle special projects, modeling, and analysis
What We’re Looking For:
- Progressive HR/compensation experience, with at least 3-5 years of experience focusing on stock and executive compensation, preferably in a large global organization, with exposure to working with international locations
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to change
- Proven experience adhering to deadlines, with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communications skills, both interpersonal and writing
- Strong customer service orientation
- High level of integrity, judgement, and professionalism
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.