We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
In-house agency seeking Brand Designer on the Global Mattel Brand Creative Team covering Mattel, Games and Action Figure Brands. Must have stellar branding and design chops, digital experience, and exceptional Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign abilities. Highly conceptual, overflowing with ideas, and capable of designing across multiple mediums including print, experiential, TV, web, social, apps and games.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Effectively translate the Mattel, Games and Action Figures brands into successful, strategic, engaging advertising and design
• Concept big ideas that are on-brand and can translate across all mediums including advertising, print, broadcast, licensing, tool kit/guide creation, trade show environments, merchandising, catalogs, interiors, retail and social
• Design work that is on-brand, compelling and synergistic with the current campaign
• Prepare and present creative vision, concepts and WIP design to multiple stakeholders
• Develop and manage additional external resources on as needed basis
• Collaborate with team in a positive and productive manner including partnering with copywriters, producers, marketing partners and fellow designers
• Build relationships with global contacts and assist/advise them as needed
• Oversee and maintain ownership of work from concept through to production
• Work on multiple projects at once with ease
What We’re Looking For:
• A portfolio demonstrating solid experience in graphic design and art direction
• 2-3 years’ experience within a corporate or agency environment as an art director or designer
• Computer proficiency; extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Excellent decision-making abilities
• Experience presenting work internally and to clients
• Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation
• Writing skills a bonus
• Illustration skills a double bonus
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.