We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Procurement Buyer is responsible for identifying low to medium complex cost savings opportunities, improve process efficiencies and procure Indirect goods and services on behalf of Mattel.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Experience with Procure-to-Pay (P2P) platforms such as Coupa or Oracle
- Execute purchasing strategies defined by management
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish sourcing plan, quote, negotiate
- Manage purchase orders for assigned projects and/or suppliers
- Train end-users on issuing complete requisitions with valid coding
- Interface with new and existing Suppliers
- Perform contract tracking and administration
- Provide support to invoicing process as needed from Accounts Payable
- Provide general support where needed for your team in the purchasing department including processing of bid packages, correspondence, data entry, preparation and/or maintenance of miscellaneous reports
- Validate data and provide reporting of supplier performance, cost reductions, and other purchasing metrics
- Acting as a liaison between internal customers and external suppliers to resolve concerns
- Ensure prioritization and deliverables are timely throughout the engagement process
- Develop and manage KPIs as well as report on progress to attaining supplier enablement goals
- Work closely with all department support functions to ensure purchasing needs are being met
- Analyze data, draw conclusions and communicate solutions to the team
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Procure to Order processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with data in Excel using pivot tables and various other key Excel functions to analyze, organize and present data.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Professional / interpersonal verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey – that’s why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.