We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Counsel - Litigation / Product Safety
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
We are looking for a driven attorney to join our litigation and product safety legal team. This role will be focused on managing and resolving a broad array of domestic and international litigation, product safety, and regulatory matters typically faced by multi-national consumer products companies, including matters involving the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Typical litigation matters include products liability, trade secrets, idea theft, securities, contract, privacy, and more. The role will work closely with the Product Safety and Regulatory Compliance teams, among other business functions. Responsibilities also include aggressively managing outside counsel and providing legal advice and guidance to in-house clients, in an effort to reduce legal expense, reduce legal exposure, and avoid disputes. This is a dynamic role that requires a collaborative, agile, hard-working individual, excited to join a high-performing, IP-driven toy company. The position may be based either at our Corporate Headquarters in El Segundo, California or at our Fisher-Price offices in East Aurora, New York.
- Broad and deep experience with a variety of types of business litigation
- Product safety expertise, including experience with product recalls and interactions with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and products liability litigation expertise preferred
- Ability to handle ADR proceedings and settlement negotiations
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and take ownership of matters through to their successful conclusion
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, including planning, prioritization, and time management
- Preference to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Unwavering integrity
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- Experience with the collection, review, and production of electronically stored information preferred
Experience, Education & Skills
- JD from a top law school and strong academic credentials
- 5+ years of business litigation and product safety experience
- In-house and/or top law firm experience
- Bar Admission in California or New York
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.