Information Technology Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Mattel has made an investment in Google Cloud and Informatica Data Management platforms to advance the data and analytics offering and transform Mattel into a data & analytics driven organization. The data architect will be responsible for designing and creating our enterprise data architecture, including the strategy for managing of data in cloud and on-premises deployments, defining data standards within the company - ensuring data quality through governance and Metadata Management - maximizing the availability of our data for everyone.
- Lead data engineering teams using ML/AI based approach
- Identify issues or opportunities in the existing architecture
- Evaluate new and emerging technology such as data warehouse appliances, real time capability, predictive analytics, data visualization, and BIG data
- Perform the role of an Architect to support Mattel’s enterprise Data Integration competency and assist developers with High Level Design for Data Integration and develop and maintain data models.
- Create a data model based on requirements and work with the ETL lead/developers to develop detailed ETL specifications.
- Modify data model based on ETL requirements.
- Create Logical and Physical database design using IBM architect.
- Diagnose and resolve data warehouse access and performance issues.
- Tune poor performing SQL’s or long running Informatica jobs.
- Work with the BI team to identify slow running reports.
Experience, Education, & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ Years of Data Architect experience in
- Logical and Physical database design using data modeling tools preferably IBM Architect
- Solid understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Strong working knowledge of Google Big Query, Oracle, Netezza, Informatica and UNIX
- Administer design and deployment of all data warehouse structures (DW, DM, OLAP, ODS, Data Lake etc.).
- Strong knowledge of ML/AI architecture and programming languages such as Python and statistical computing language such as R.
- Advanced analytical/problem solving skills
- Basic project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Strong collaboration and mentoring skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.