We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Social Media Analyst
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
The Digital Strategy & Integration (DS&I) team has a simple yet bold purpose: unite a world-class team of digital marketing experts to create a center of excellence whose sum is greater than its parts. The DS&I team works closely with channel experts and strategists spanning YouTube, Social, Influencer, Paid Media & eCommerce to elevate and connect full-funnel, audience-first thinking. Through keen management of day-to-day processes, schedules and check-ins with Global Category partners, DS&I strives to create an environment of transparency, awareness and integration.
The Analyst will be responsible for providing compelling and thoughtful insights & analytics to support Mattel’s many digital brands across YouTube, Social, and Influencer Marketing. As the #1 toy company on YouTube & Social, the role will be instrumental in driving the growth of top ranked brands such as Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, UNO, Thomas & Friends, etc.
This role will collaborate with the hiring manager to build, refine & manage data-centered solutions within Tableau, utilizing multiple data sources. The Analyst will create and distribute actionable insights and reporting capabilities via weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, providing key takeaways & recommendations to all levels of seniority. The role will partner with digital strategists, channel leads, media agencies, business & consumer insights teams to deliver thoughtful analyses that will drive strategic product, content, and marketing decisions.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for data storytelling & interpretation, as well as the ability to provide actionable, compelling & digestible recommendations that impact strategy, content, marketing, and product. Strong analytical, data manipulation, interpretation and problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively and manage a wide array of data sources is key.
Experience with BI data visualization tools (Tableau, Domo, etc) is highly preferred, as well as a general understanding of digital analytics platforms including native sources (YouTube Analytics, Facebook Business Manager/Insights, etc) and third-party platforms (TrackMaven, Khoros/Spredfast, Tubular, CreatorIQ, etc).
- Insight & Reporting Creation - Generate thoughtful insights that drive business performance, help to improve optimization, and educate digital teams and executive leaders on the power of Mattel’s digital brands. Own recurring (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc) reporting to help various teams understand content trends, performance, and competitive pacing.
- Cross-Functional Alignment - Serve as key data and measurement resource, aligning with cross-functional teams and agencies across KPI’s, research projects and reporting.
- BI / data automation – work closely with hiring manager & key partners to continue to build out Tableau dashboards across wide array of metrics/KPIs and purviews.
- Analytics platform expertise - be a Power User of data and analytics platforms, available to assist various teams on data pulls or train them on the platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of relevant digital analytics and research experience
- Proven ability to sift through large amounts of data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, apply relevant techniques, perform rigorous analyses quickly and consistently and make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of data, analytics and algorithms on digital platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Knowledge in producing and managing automated Tableau Dashboards.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and influence.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate research findings both verbally and with written materials
- Knowledgeable of the digital media landscape and/or toy industry preferred
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.