Accounting and Finance Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Financial Analyst, Licensing Audits and Participations
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
The position will be a member of a dynamic team focused on research, analysis and developing new tools and methods to accomplish licensee audits and participation reporting through involvement in process design and testing and improving business practices.
- Prepare and review participation statements. This requires understanding the product life cycle for all Mattel properties including understanding the revenue and expense cycle associated with the distribution of all products (i.e. Feature Film, Content, Toy, CP, Live Events and Interactive.
- Prepare check requests for appropriate payment of participants.
- Gather, retrieve and send the relevant license agreements and financial information to carry out audit plan ensuring completeness for vendors.
- Obtain prior year data from each region (US, Europe, Brazil, Mexico, Asia, etc.) to populate the Licensee Risk assessment
- Set up Purchase Orders in Oracle for audit fees and track annual budget
- Manage low level licensee audit settlement. This includes reviewing audit results with Licensee to allow for clarification and discussion of findings to reach a settlement.
- Performs analysis and research of financial data from various reports from multiple systems including Oracle to identify and resolve issues.
- Identify and document areas for process improvements as it relates to automating manual activities.
- Compile internal support work papers to include a detailed audit trail of calculations and corresponding documentation/explanation of adjustments
- Support the development and facilitation of department wide training
- 20% travel
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years relevant experience in a finance, accounting, auditing, royalty or IT environment required
- Public or private audit and/or consulting experience a plus
- Experience in Media, Licensing or Consumer Products a plus
- Spanish bilingual preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Project, Visio, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong business software application knowledge
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to read and understand legal agreement
- Proactive mindset with ability to provide creative solutions to complex problems
- Leader as well as team player
- Detail-orientated with an ability to see the big picture and work on projects with many stakeholders
- Manages diverse projects and assignments
- Ability to travel as needed
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.