We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The forecasting analyst will contribute to the development of the customer shipment plan. This will be accomplished via accurate item level forecasts based on consumer demand. Key objective is to maximize volume and profit as well as minimize risk to inventory. This role is also instrumental in supporting the sales team and customer replenishment team in the areas of customer order fulfillment and planning. The individual will report into the Sales and Customer Forecasting account leader.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Determine appropriate model for evaluating item level forecasts and analysis, considering information such as total end consumer consumption forecasts, brand/product history, history of similar comparable brands/products, inventory levels and marketing programs.
- Create product flow pattern based on criteria such as seasonality profiles, planned promotions, distribution and price point.
- Customer Interaction
- Daily/Weekly involvement with the sales team coupled with retail analysts/buying team, joint business planning related to in season execution for promotional planning and fulfillment, domestic and import order reviews and chase/cancel with retailer.
- Order / Inventory Management
- PO order recommendations for current and future looking domestic and direct import.
- Liaison between customer service and supply planning and allocations teams to maximize PO fill rates.
- Ad Hoc Analytics
- Reporting as requested to support the sales team / customer and other business needs.
What We’re Looking For:
- Accountability to take ownership for delivering and exceeding commitments. You hold yourself, team and partners to the highest standard for performance. You embody a play to win and win to grow mindset even on the toughest projects.
- Communication skills and can communicate clearly, concisely and with impact. You convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm with a variety of audiences to promote a free flow of information throughout the organization.
- Analytical mindset and are capable of synthesizing and prioritizing a large volume of information. You use logic and trusted expertise to derive a variety of solutions. You can think critically to make clear, well-reasoned and rational decisions.
- Consumer/Customer Focus on understanding and responding to consumer/customer needs. You establish trusted relationships that lead to open dialogue and win-win solutions.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills – able to communicate effectively across all organizational levels and all functional areas, understanding and presenting the viewpoints of others.
- Sound business judgment – able to interpret issues and recommend actions to best support group, division and corporate goals.
- Strong analytical skills – able to coordinate diverse information, identify relevant data, recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Ability to identify and address process improvements and share expertise with others.
- 1-3 yrs of relevant experience in forecasting, sales analysis, or merchandise buying/planning
- Experience in the consumer products industry
- Experience with statistical forecasting techniques and systems applications
- Advanced in MS Office, Excel Power User
- Exposure to Anaplan /Cognos/Citrix a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.