We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager Audit (SOX IT)
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel Finance hires leaders. Every one of our finance professionals works in a global finance organization interacting with senior leadership and with the accountability and responsibility to grow a career. We are a strong and nimble finance department focused on driving business results in the most cost-effective manner. We pride ourselves on consistent processes, fast decisions and increased accountability.
The SOX IT Audit Manager will lead the project management and testing for Mattel’s SOX 404 IT annual regulatory certification process. Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit, you will have broad exposure to the operations of Mattel and will interact with leaders across Finance, Legal, HR, Operations, Sales, Manufacturing, and IT, as well as our external auditors and advisors.
This individual will work with the Director, Internal Audit for the planning, testing, remediation, and follow-up of Mattel’s IT General Controls (ITGC) and Automated Controls (AC) controls. The SOX IT Audit Manager will support the annual SOX Scoping, risk assessment and memo preparation which includes coverage of Mattel’s ITGC and AC controls. Additionally, the SOX IT Audit Manager will partner with our third-party internal audit co-source provider on the execution of the annual SOX 404 program. Mattel views the individual in this position as a subject matter expert in the SOX, ITGC and AC audit domains. The individual is expected to use sound discretion and professional judgment when interacting with business unit management, senior / executive management, and external auditors. This position should strive to make control and audit recommendations which will be most beneficial to Mattel, as well as strive for an optimum balance between the cost of implementing and executing controls.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Be a leader in the execution of Mattel’s SOX program in accordance with COSO 2013 framework
- Assist in evaluating, reinforcing, and promoting the SOX 404 and 302 program standards and approaches for documentation, control design, evaluation, and effectiveness testing.
- Manage the execution of the end-to-end IT SOX activities, including IT risk assessment, scoping, controls documentation, walkthroughs, testing, remediation and reporting for IT General Controls, Automated Controls, Interfaces, Reports and End-User Computing Controls, etc.
- Supervise the work of other SOX co-source, internal team members, and review their documentation
- Support the Director in the overall management of SOX program
- Responsible for evaluating, monitoring, and resolving audit findings (Internal and External Audit etc.).
- Responsible for assessing the impact of IT on business and finance processes.
- Responsible for evaluating risks and controls for new system implementations such as billing, contract management tools, etc., assessing the financial impact on SOX controls and recommending solutions to correct issues identified.
- Responsible for process reviews and identifying opportunities for significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness, and identifiable benefits to the company.
- Develop value-added relationships with process owners and make recommendations for process improvement
- Challenge status quo and provide leadership in the development and adoption of IT SOX best practices.
- Drive efficiencies by seeking opportunities for centralization, globalization, and automation.
- Liaison with process owners, internal auditors, external auditors, and other stakeholders; prepare business for internal and external audit reviews.
- Subject matter expertise in systems, technology, and IT controls.
- Manage and create Continuous Control Audit Modules (CCM) and related dashboards.
- Identify and create opportunities to deploy Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- Manage and maintain the SOX IT Audit Tool (e.g., Audit Board).
- Ad-hoc projects
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Accounting is required.
- CISA, CISM, CIA and/or CRISC certifications is required.
- 5 – 8+ years of experience in Public Accounting, Internal Auditing and/or IT related areas or a combination of education and experience
- Proven experience in leading the execution of an end-to-end SOX program. Must have strong project management experience in IT audit or IT controls. Experience of designing and implementing internal controls preferred
- Good understanding of risks and controls for both Information Technology and Business Processes.
- Detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure and accustomed to project work with tight deadlines.
- Creative, self-starter, quick thinker and dedicated individual who is eager to put his/her stamp on this job role.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively across regional and/or functional lines.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.