We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager Content Development
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Mattel Creations is seeking a Manager, Video Content Development to manage the creative development, production and distribution of static, motion and video assets that engage kid and parent audiences on social platforms through original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content, organic and paid distribution and targeted media. This position will work with the Digital Engagement groups to refine and conceptualize existing brand storytelling, guarding and defending each brand’s look & feel, across all social video touch-points. The role will create compelling internet content and custom marketing experiences with a range of powerful, viable concepts and designs for each project. They will advocate for social creative content best practices specific to social channels and help Mattel’s organization understand how social media creative differs from creative that live in traditional media channels. Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with video and brand strategists to elevate marketing plans with exceptional creative execution that is delivered on-time, on budget and on message.
- Develop and manage relationships with out-of-house agencies and production companies while effectively balancing internal and external resources including budgets and video operational strategies.
- Lead in the creation of digital marketing asset (text, graphics, blogs, videos, ads, etc.)
- Build and lead a cross-functional team (editorial, creative, production) able to write, shoot, design and produce, and deliver high-quality social video content at internet speed.
- Obsess over data and understand campaign metrics to set best practices and continuously improve campaigns, brand awareness, and overall engagement and conversion
- Deliver fast-response social video content that builds buzz
- Manage multiple projects while inspiring & motivating your creative teammates
- Create reusable assets and templates that make it easy and effective to quickly produce video assets for social video platforms
- Communicate in detail visual designs, motion design, concepts, and storyboards through presentations
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 6-8 years minimum experience in-house brand or agency experience leading diverse teams to drive and execute messaging and content across multiple social channels
- Broad background in developing and implementing brand voice guidelines for specific platforms and audiences, and the ability to confidently create, evaluate, and update when necessary to achieve brand objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process. This includes effectively and efficiently staffing a new team and providing clear communication and creative direction.
- The ability to successfully develop and maintain creative content calendars that are integrated within the needs of marketing, publicity, paid social and community engagement.
- Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done.
- Great communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities, nuanced feedback, and aggressive project time frames
- Experience in a news-room type environment, with the ability to think on your feet when new and topical subjects arise that fit into the editorial flow and channel strategy.
- Solid content development and management experience, including the ability to optimize all forms of digital collateral to achieve strategic objectives and establish a competitive edge.
- A track record of delivering major cross-channel campaigns and developing a communications platform.
- Experience of managing social and community communications that drive measurable results.
- Editorial and or Journalism experience a plus.
- Digital design experience a plus
- YouTube certifications preferred
What It’s Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey – that’s why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.