We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager, Global Brand Team (GBT) Finance
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Global Brand Team (GBT) Finance provides financial support and guidance to the Global Brand Teams (GBT) including Marketing, Design and Product Development. We provide the perspective and analysis on future product line profitability and development.
The Opportunity: The GBT Brand Team Finance team is seeking an energetic, self-starting Finance Manager to join the team at its El Segundo, CA office. This position will report directly to the Director of Finance.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Provide financial direction to brand teams that allow us to achieve brand profitability targets.
- Represent the finance point-of-view at cross functional team meetings with marketing, design, development, sales, and other functions.
- Develop annual operating plans, budgets, and communicate business performance against plan and prior years.
- Partner with Centralized FP&A teams to review forecasts / results to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and planning.
- Lead and drive in-depth financial analysis related to key business unit initiatives, including formulating steps and executing to successful conclusion.
- Support any other ad-hoc financial and strategic analysis related to key business unit initiatives.
- Manage a team with 1-3 direct reports, and provide guidance to broader Brand Finance team across campuses.
What We’re Looking For:
- BS/BA required (Finance, Accounting, Economics preferred); MBA preferred
- 8+ years of experience (or 6+ years with MBA) in finance, preferably in a consumer goods or retail industry
- Prior managerial experience and experience working within a virtual team preferred
- Ability to perform analytics on business and provide insights
- Ability to handle/adapt to multiple projects in a fast paced and complex environment with short deadlines
- Must be proactive, results oriented, and possess high ethical standards
- Demonstration of leadership skills with ability to effectively work within a cross campus finance organization
- Enhanced communication skills and develop ability to influence/negotiate with key stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical abilities with complete P&L understanding
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize workloads to accurately meet business requirements
- Master understanding of support systems used by Brand Finance team
- Self-starter with problem solving skills
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.