We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager Audit (IT Operational) - Remote
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Opportunity: The Manager, Information Technology Audit will plan, manage and execute the Company's IT operational audits based on a risk-based audit plan. Reporting to the Director, Financial & Operational Audit, you will have broad exposure to the global operations of the Company and will interact with leaders across Finance, Legal, HR, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Brand, Manufacturing and IT, as well as engagement with the Company's external auditors and business advisors.
The Manager, Information Technology Audit represents a key role in assessing and supporting mitigation of enterprise risk supporting execution of a dynamic risk-based IT internal audit plan, strategic priorities, system implementations, and special reviews requested by management. The incumbent will work with the Director, Finance & Operational Audit to support on-going enterprise risk evaluation and is focused on providing expertise in IT process / infrastructure and risk management advisory leveraging solid business acumen and grounded in operational feasibility. (Remote candidates will also be considered).
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Maintain high professional and ethical standards as set forth in Mattel's internal audit charter and the Institute of Internal Auditor's (IIA) International Professional Practice Framework (IPPF).
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of IT and Operational audit domains and their application to Mattel's business landscape and enterprise IT Infrastructure.
- Manage and execute risk-based IT and operational audits and projects across the organization, highlighting control and operational issues as well as recommended action plans to address areas of risk exposure in accordance with the Department's Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP).
- Supervise and review audit teams' work and deliverables (including both internal team members and co-sourced resources).
- Support the annual IT enterprise risk assessment, which will include interviewing key leaders across the organization.
- Manage and execute the annual IT internal audit plan and prepare audit reports and deliverables for review and approval by the Audit Director(s) and Vice President Internal Audit leveraging industry recognized NIST, COBIT, and COSO frameworks.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with appropriate personnel from IT, business units, and operating functions, developing an understanding of key factors and risk drivers impacting the IT environment.
- Support project teams on pre-implementation of new IT applications to ensure internal controls have been properly designed and adequate tested to deliver business objectives.
- Collaborate with Financial & Operations auditors with delivering and leveraging technology and digital capabilities for the development and maintenance of continuous monitoring and risk management.
- Communicate audit and assessment results to the auditees and operational management, exhibiting the resolve to question and challenge the status quo to deliver best practices in risk management and control design.
- Support the preparation of presentation materials.
- Support special audits and investigations requested by Management.
- Coordinate audit activity with external auditors and SOX Audit Team to maximize audit efficiency and risk coverage.
- Keep abreast of new auditing, IT, regulatory or other developments as well as business, economic, political, and emerging information security risks that may impact the organization and audit area considerations.
- Manage audit staff, including hiring, goal setting, planning and delegation of work, training and development, coaching/mentoring and completing performance evaluations and supervise co-source audit resources as assigned.
- Assist with any IT SOX testing, as needed.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, IT, Information Security, or other related IT field required.
- CISA and / or CISM certifications required.
- 5 - 8 years of experience with Big 4, internal audit or audit-related field strongly preferred.
- Experience leading end-to-end audit engagements (i.e., planning, coordination, execution, socialization, workpaper finalization, report preparation / finalization / distribution.
- Experience managing staff that maybe comprised of professional in-house personnel and co-sourced resources.
- Strong collaboration and staff development skills with an ability to drive and deliver results.
- Proven ability to work with and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience evaluating control environments and mitigating control gaps associated with complex business processes and developing practical and cost-effective business solutions.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.