Product Design Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager, Product Design (Hot Wheels, Entertainment Diecast)
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the day-to-day workload of 6 or more designers for the Hot Wheels Entertainment, Monster Truck, and RedLine Club diecast product lines.
- Create and implement product strategy for multiple segments and product lines.
- Lead mainline preliminary product design from brainstorm to final 3D execution.
- Organize and participate in yearly brand directional brainstorms as well as ongoing brainstorms as needed.
- Key team contact for communication with Development partners in Asia, licensors, and vendors.
- Partner with Development team to insure adherence to cost / target profit margin goals.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and participate in generating creative and complete 3-D product concepts per direction from Design management and strategic criteria determined by Design, Marketing, and Executive management.
- Manage and participate in rendering and fabricating preliminary models of creative and complete product concepts for presentation to Design, Marketing, and Executive management; this includes partnering with Development to insure product manufacturability and adherence to cost / target profit margin goals.
- Manage and participate in the early phase of the product development cycle from Design through Production.
- Manage the activities of team members throughout the Design process both local and in Asia. This may include some of the following team members; Design staff, Development Design Staff, Graphic Designers, Model Makers, and Sample Makers.
- Manage the career growth and development of the various team members as related to and with respect to their various disciplines.
- Opportunity for some travel to Asia
- Seeking exceptional talent in: Design; Sense of Aesthetic / Market Appropriate Sensibility, specifically as relates to Automotive Design; Knowledge and Understanding of Entertainment and Pop Culture; Knowledge of current Toy, Vehicle & Lifestyle Trends; Knowledge of business as related to Marketing; Ability to translate competencies above into Innovative 3-D Products
- Must have knowledge of various Raw Materials; die cast metal, plastics, etc…; the Manufacturing Process; Costing of Product.
- Ensures good communication between staff and interfacing departments and vendors.
- Works closely with Creative Director on creative direction & execution of brand definition.
- Must have excellent communication skills – this role requires partnering with cross functional groups like: Marketing, World Wide Insights, Project Management, Development Partners in Asia, and Automotive and Entertainment partners. Must have strong Licensor Management and Communication skills.
- Proven experience in the management of a creative group including senior designers.
- Licensor Management and Communication.
- Creative, innovative, action oriented.
- Strong awareness of boy’s toy trends as related to design.
- Strong automotive design skills and sensibility.
- Strong awareness of entertainment and pop culture.
- Ability to coach, manage, provide constructive feedback to creative team.
- Assertive problem-solving skills.
- Strategic creative visionary skills.
- Decisive and energetic.
- BA/BS (Design) with a minimum 5-7 years job experience in hands-on design, including 1-2 years management experience.
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.