Retail and Merchandising Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager Retail Development
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
- Strategic leader for Mattel Consumer Products (Hardlines, Softlines and Publishing) at top retail accounts.
- Responsible for building and driving Multi-Category Program Development – from ideation and strategy to executional tactics, to achieve/support organizational objectives for market share, volume, revenue, operating income and brand awareness.
- Responsible for the retail development budget of the account and ensuring that the revenue goals are being achieved
- Primary internal partners are Franchise team, Mattel sales organization, creative team, and category leads in licensing.
- Cultivates and fosters strong working relationships with retailer buyers, marketing managers, and key agencies/suppliers to ensure execution of Mattel CP programs.
- Ability to influence the account by selling-in key programs
- Applies financial acumen and analytical skills to build a successful strategy
- Manages complex, integrated marketing programs that cross multiple business segments, franchises and multiple marketing vehicles (in-store, online, social, PR)
- Works comfortably with licensees and specific category experience in Hardlines, Softlines and/or Publishing.
- Review & approves creative briefs
- Travel is required (approximately 30%)
- Reports into Director of Retail Marketing and is based in El Segundo, CA
Experience, Education, & Skills
- A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience is required
- 4+ years of Retail Development experience and industry knowledge (8+ years of experience without a completed degree)
- 3+ years of experience either at Mattel or specifically with top (mass) retail accounts
- Experience within the consumer brand/CPG space highly preferred
- Cross category programs and experience highly preferred
- A strong understanding of key softlines categories is highly preferred
- Experienced decision maker and manager of retail development program planning and operations is required
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) is required.
- Proven presentation skills with executive presence and leadership; ability to appropriately influence and drive results with key stakeholders
- Proven track record of developing and presenting a compelling marketing strategy and content presentation at a buyer/marketing manager level meeting
- Fluency with PowerPoint is a must
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.