We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
National Account Manager - Department Stores
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Mattel, Inc., the largest toy company in the world, is seeking a National Account Sales Manager within our Emerging Channels team to drive revenue and profitability by selling the most iconic toy brands in the industry to top retailers in the US, primarily within the department store channel.
The National Account Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and executing our Strategic Account Plans for multiple categories. The role will require a deep understanding of the retail environment and how to align our portfolio of products with the account needs.
This position will be field-based or located at one of our Sales offices around the country. The position will require periodic travel to the account(s) and corporate headquarters.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Achieve targeted sales objectives consistent with the annual business plan
- Gain share across accounts by leveraging data insights
- Attend toy shows & previews and be knowledgeable of new product lines
- Identify business opportunities with account(s) and work with internal partners to create customized plans to drive results
- Conduct weekly buyer meetings and periodic Business Reviews to refine inventory forecasts and promotional planning
- Conduct internal discussions with Marketing and Customer Marketing teams to ensure strong retail execution
- Create monthly forecasts and promotional planning documentation
- Build relationships with account(s) buyers and internal partners
What We're Looking For:
- Department Store experience
- Consumers Goods experience
- Bachelor's degree or MBA preferred
- Effective selling & communication skills and confidence will be keys for success
- Goal oriented mindset to drive to our numbers
- Analytical horsepower with ability to use data to drive business decisions/recommendations
- Function as One Team to deliver results
- Ability to exert personal influence, build relationships with account(s), and collaborate effectively with functional teams and other key internal / external stakeholders
- Ability to make consistently sound judgments
- Ability to sort out distractions which might inhibit achievement of objectives
- 8+ years (6 with MBA) related sales experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods, toys, entertainment or mass-market retailer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey – that’s why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play. Our employees embody our WONDER values and are ready to put them into action every day.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.