We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Operational Excellence Analyst
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel is currently seeking an entry-level Operational Excellence Analyst within our Product Development Operations team. Focus will be on driving best practices, continuous improvement, and strategic initiatives across the design & development organization. The role will partner with the different Brand (ex. HotWheel, Barbie, Fisher-Price) development leads to facilitate continuous improvement workshops with goal of optimizing business processes and increasing actionable innovation opportunities.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Partner closely with the development team and lead the definition, planning, organization and execution of Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and other process initiative sessions.
- Gather, interpret and use complex Product Development data to develop actionable steps that will improve processes and optimize results.
- Program Manage strategic Product Development initiatives
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating process improvement workshops
- Facilitate regular planning sessions to identify opportunities within Product Development and develop related action plans with measurable outcomes
- Schedule planning meetings for workshop inquires with appropriate intake documentation
- Participate in workshop content development
- Send out follow-up communications to workshop attendees.
- Observe workshops and interactions with participants for purpose of gaining insight, growing and strengthen operational knowledge, and optimizing stakeholder satisfaction.
- Coordinate and organize monthly brand Product Development status reviews.
- In conjunction with development leadership and internal subject matter experts, surface opportunities and lead problem solving to create efficiencies.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience working in Product Development, Design, Engineering, or Technology.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking mindset
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, multi-task, self-organize
- Experience with visual collaboration tools such as Miro, Lucidchart, or others.
- Ability to positively interact and connect with a diverse group of individuals (from engineers and designers to artists and model makers)
- Knowledge of process frameworks and methodologies such as Agile, Lean, Scrum, etc.
- Willingness to learn and facilitate VSM (Value Stream Mapping) sessions
- Open to travel as needed
- Experience in Consumer Durable Goods or Fast Fashion industries preferred.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.