We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Product Designer (Games)
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel, Inc. is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Game Designer to join its Games Design team. The group is focused on creating new games to extend our core brands like UNO, Pictionary, Scrabble and Escape Room in a Box; by understanding the consumer, trends and technology that are then translated into successful product. This involves creating and communicating game concepts in 2D and/or 3D models to design and marketing management. The ideal candidate will possess proven game design experience showing ability to work on established brands as well as ideating new game concepts.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Actively generate new opportunities to enhance the brand
- Knowledgeable on game theory and game play mechanisms
- Work on existing brands as well as design and develop games from scratch
- Builds consensus between members throughout the design process
- Partner with Development Design, Engineering, Packaging and Cost Engineering to insure product integrity and marketing objectives
- Daily communication with Asia partners
- Successfully present and communicate their concepts to the design and marketing management and creative departments
- Manage the project through design and development with other disciplines within the company from start to finish
What We’re Looking For:
- Understanding of the fundamentals of game play and game design.
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and 2D computer programs
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
- Knowledge of 3D CAD (Alias, Rhino 3D is a plus)
- Knowledge of material and manufacturing process
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to project manage
- Ideal candidate will exhibit interest and knowledge of the current trends. Understanding of features and play patterns in the toy industry is a plus.
- Portfolio demonstrating strong design excellence and superior problem solving
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.