We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Senior Product Manager (Ecommerce)
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel’s direct to consumer business has an ambitious growth agenda and is on the journey to scaling into a global organization. Our goal is to create best-in-class digital experiences for consumers to engage, explore and purchase the best of Mattel brands.
As a Product Manager within the Direct to Consumer and e-commerce organization, you will be responsible for the end-to end digital product and services across a number of customer value propositions. We are looking for skilled and experienced customer-focused product manager to help create the Mattel Direct-to-Consumer roadmap and deliver on our ambitious goals.
What Your Impact Will Be:
Develop globally applicable consumer facing & enabler digital products & services across
- Mattel brands to create a best-in-class digital experience for consumers shopping, exploring and visiting our core Mattel Brand sites
- Collector experiences to reach the adult fans of our Mattel brands through event based selling platform
Own & manage product roadmap
- Drive the vision and strategy for your product(s), ensuring teams are working towards that vision and the wider business is aware and aligned
- Be able to interpret customer / market / technology trends and to share views more widely on how they will affect the business and their product space
- Capable of leading a team with multiple cross-functional resources in the delivery of a complex product set
- As a Product expert, promote new ideas in the team, encourage and facilitate agile working practices with business stakeholder teams
Own & develop mixed product backlogs
- Build backlogs that cover all requirements across customer, business and technology
- Continuously prioritize with the team and relevant stakeholders
- Ensure efficient backlog management, planning and grooming
Manage the end-to-end product development lifecycle
- Gather requirements from relevant business stakeholders (discovery, design & definition)
- Liaise with the Digital Merchandising and Marketing teams team to undertake experience mapping, journey development, user research & testing, ensuring customer needs are captured
- Manage dependencies and risks across multiple teams
- Report on progress against new feature objectives and key results to key stakeholders, communicating decisions/recommendations to optimize or stop new features
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of Product Management experience, demonstrating successful development and delivery of product strategies, roadmaps through to product launch and optimization
- Prior experience within a customer driven retail e-commerce organization is required
- Excellent communication skills and strong experience in dealing with business stakeholders - relatability to non-technical business users and technical resources
- Experience working with UX designers and software engineers, managing sprints and day-to-day product deliverables
- Understand how to balance design with function and prioritize mobile-first and performance when creating customer experiences
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve complex customer problems, using data and insights to make decisions
- Experience with analyzing, benchmarking and iteratively increasing conversion rates in your products.
- Excellent requirements / competitive analysis skills, pricing and financial planning
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and EQ
- Strong technical capability
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.