We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Product Solutions Architect (Cloud / AI)
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
We're open to remote work
The Solutions architect roll will architect connected products and next generation Mixed Play A.I-voice/vision enablers. The ideal candidate will have experience architecting and developing web, app, and cloud-connected consumer products, and must be able to communicate on a technical level with developers from all technical disciplines. The role also requires an understanding of A.I/ML especially in the area of vision and voice applications and how these services integrate with mixed-play products.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Spearhead the architectural design of an end-to-end, mixed-play, connected product projects
- Research and architect new enablers for our mixed-play Software architecture to add to our connected product platform
- Own and evolve the computer vision and voice A.I. services
- Research and architect new enablers for computer vision, voice applications
- Collaborate with diverse enterprise groups to deliver value
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years in a higher order software development capacity such as technical lead/architect
- 10+ years of IT experience
- Google Cloud Platform / Azure Cloud Experience
- Experience with GIT, GitHub, Gitlab
- Experience working with Agile / SAFe Agile process tools
- Experience training and apply ML/A.I. models to solve cognitive problems
- Experience with GCP Cloud API backends with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Go
- Experience architecting cross-platform app solutions using tools like Unity, Flutter, React-Native a plus
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.