We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Senior Associate - Development Program Management
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
The Senior Development Program Mgmt Associate will be required to help manage product development projects from concept through production, in collaboration with a worldwide, cross-functional team consisting of representatives from Design, Development, Marketing, Manufacturing, and others throughout the product design and development process. As a Sr Dev Program Mgmt Assoc., your responsibility will include some oversight of issues pertaining to product schedule, cost, product functionality, and quality.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Manage multiple projects of varying product types and complexities while maintaining cost, schedule and quality targets.
- Utilize project management skills in a team environment to move concepts from ideation to successful transfer to offshore development.
- Work closely with overseas development, tooling, and manufacturing to ensure successful project completion.
- Develop, maintain and drive schedule execution of worldwide products.
- Act as liaison between El Segundo teams and overseas locations throughout the product life cycle.
- Performs program management assignments for multiple toys of varying complexity relative to product development (cost, schedule, functionality, quality) and proactively meets company milestones and product deadlines.
- Reviews concept sketches and provides feasibility analysis for products in the prelim design phase. Analyzes product design to effect maximum utilization of materials, methods and processes in order to meet target cost and quality specifications.
- Responsible for creating planning schedules which clearly define the key milestones and activities and are used to drive the team to success.
- Develops cost estimates and provide cost/financial analyses for different types of products.
- Ability to identify risks and issues, and proactively create plans to resolve.
- Guides the team into optimizing the content and features of products given the constraints of selling price and target margins.
- Ensures data in systems are complete and accurate.
- Estimates tooling cost and production capacity required to support product launch.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree. Concentration in Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of project management or equivalent experience
- Hands on product development experience is a must
- Must have proven ability to juggle multiple projects, make quick decisions and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management experience, preferably in consumer products, is preferred
- Knowledge of plastics and plastic part design is preferred.
- Basic understanding of engineering principles and manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Pro/ENGINEER, 3-D CAD training is helpful.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of large cross-functional groups and have an Executive presence.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey – that’s why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.