We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Senior Counsel Corporate Securities
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Significant Experience in:
- ’33 and ‘34 Act compliance (e.g., addressing matters/documents related to public securities offerings, and the preparation/review of 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 14As, 8-Ks, S-3s, S-8s, etc.)
- State corporate law and stock exchange listing compliance
- Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, minority investments, including executing against all stages of such transactions (e.g., organizing diligence, effectively negotiating transactional documentation, assisting with integration, etc.)
- Finance (e.g., credit facilities, public and private securities offerings, debt compliance, securitization facilities)
- Corporate governance matters (e.g., research/analysis of various corporate governance matters, Board and Committee support, including the preparation and/or review of Board and Committee materials including drafting minutes, and assisting with Board and Committee meeting planning, etc.)
- Supporting various headquarter functions (e.g., Treasury, Investor Relations, Financial Reporting, Internal Audit, etc.) on corporate/securities law, mergers and acquisitions, and other transactional matters
- Contract drafting, review and negotiation (e.g., non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, engagement letters, etc.)
- Juris Doctor degree with strong academic history from an ABA-accredited law school required; top 50 law school strongly preferred
- At least 5+ years of experience as corporate/securities/mergers & acquisitions at a national or global law firm
- Prior in-house, public company legal experience strongly preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate legal and compliance issues verbally and in writing in a clear and understandable manner to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and focus on critical priorities independently
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity, including strong executive presence
- Must be both a capable leader and individual contributor, as well as an effective partner to the business
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and track record of effectively completing multi-task, multi-deadline, cross-functional projects, on time and on budget
- Highly organized; meticulous; team-oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce high-quality work under deadline pressure
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence through strong interpersonal skills and effective collaboration
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.