We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Senior Financial Analyst - Balance Sheet and Cash Flow FP&A
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
This role will be a key asset in the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis organization. This individual will be a member of the Balance Sheet FP&A team and will be spear-heading the Company’s annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis, and special projects. The team will provide business insights and strategic support to senior management including: (1) leading close and forecast-related activities for balance sheet, cash flow, and key working capital metrics for total company; (2) developing detailed monthly reviews of Inventory and other key working capital metrics; (3) collaborating closely with Treasury on cash-related forecasting activities; (4) supporting regional level close and forecast-related activities for key working capital metrics for North America Division; (5) managing other special projects as requested.
The group partners with senior management, including corporate and divisional level, leading high profile cross functional teams to achieve high level results.
- Brand building company – fashion based, dynamic hybrid between Entertainment and CPG – with evergreen products
- Consumer passion: Opportunity to go deep within consumer-tangible business models.
- Opportunity to distill complex business problems and drive toward decision
- Frequent access/visibility to C-Suite and Senior level executives
- Considerable life balance: Minimal travel, weekly half-day Friday policy, location in El Segundo/Manhattan Beach.
- Opportunity to advance within Global FP&A or move into Business unit (Marketing/Finance, etc) roles
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Develop detailed Financial Forecast, Annual Operating Plan and Long Range Plan for Global Balance Sheet. Perform analysis to guide decision making of executive leadership and to ensure achievement of strategic objectives.
- Manage the forecast process through the creation of timelines, management of communications and alignment with Treasury department to ensure that the cash forecast is consistent with company’s capital and investment framework targets.
- Set accounts receivable and inventory targets to direct business units to tightly manage working capital.
- Aggregate and analyze country level accounts receivables and inventory on a monthly basis. Review any risk related to accounts receivables exposure and inventory level with senior management.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in all geographic areas to build successful business partnerships and ensure effective financial management.
- Evaluate business problems and build quantitative models to support business decisions.
- Initiate cross-functional projects to identify new opportunities for improvement in forecast accuracy and process efficiency.
- Provide key ad-hoc analytical and research support for various strategic initiatives.
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills a must.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven, self-motivated and intellectually curious.
- Ability to collaborate, lead/facilitate meetings and develop/maintain relationships across the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives.
- Sound business judgment and ability to influence groups and/or more senior associates.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- In-depth knowledge of financial analysis. Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future trends affecting the business
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) and/or Finance or Accounting with 2+ years of relevant work experience in finance and accounting (CPA preferred)
- BA/BS and strong GPA from top tier university
- Experienced with reporting and analyzing cash flow statements, balance sheets or treasury related experience.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative modeling skills. Proven track record of converting information into data-driven insights.
- Strong understanding of the consumer products industry landscape and its key drivers.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills with the ability to motivate, take initiative and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic environment.
- Strong knowledge of fundamental accounting principles.
- Advanced MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience in Hyperion Financial Management, SAP or Oracle ERP.
- Consumer Packaged Goods/Retail industry experience a plus
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.