We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Senior Financial Analyst, Global Pricing Process and Insights
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Commercial/Brand Finance team manages North America & Asia Pacific product margins in collaboration with the NAD & APAC Marketing teams. Our Finance team works on revenue and margin management for Mattel and Fisher Price brands and our clients include Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service.
The Opportunity: We are seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to help expand our Global Pricing Process and Insights capabilities. This position would lead the way in optimization of global pricing processes, expansion of global pricing reporting, and development of pricing insights capabilities.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Develop an understanding of pricing processes around the world and document best practices.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative problem-solving for Regional and Local Marketing teams, including ability to develop analytic methodologies, standard and ad hoc reporting. Utilize analytic findings and convey into actionable insights.
- Manage systems-related enhancements, interface and issues for key business systems (i.e. PrOPs, LPT, Anaplan, Tableau).
- Assist with analysis and presentation of historic and strategic financial data including pricing, margin analytics, SKU count efficiency, SKU level margins amongst others and pricing architecture.
- Act as key contact for a variety of global questions, ad hoc projects and problem resolution.
What We’re Looking For:
- BS/BA required (Finance, Accounting, Economics preferred) +5 years related experience; MBA +3 years preferred
- Have excellent analytical, interpersonal, leadership, and communications skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced and complex environment with short deadlines
- Must be proactive, high energy, detailed/results oriented and possess the highest ethical and accuracy standards
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Project)
- Tableau Desktop and Hyperion / Essbase experience preferred
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.