We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Senior Marketing Analyst
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The US Marketing team localizes global brand strategies to fit the US market, prices product lines, manages the US P&L and directs and executes on the go-to-market strategy for the US. The Sr. Marketing Analyst is critical and will serve as the analytical and project management backbone for the US category team (Newborn/ Infant/ Preschool Toys). This role will support the most important US brand business analytic needs and act as a project lead for cross-category marketing activations.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- In partnership with the US Brand Activation Marketing teams, identify mission-critical business analytical needs, build/ execute analytics and report findings to functional partners.
- Category & Segment performance
- Product Performance
- Retailer Performance
- Competitive Analysis
- Consolidate and Communicate cross-category marketing efforts across the organization
- Support efforts to build national marketing plans that tie to global brand strategy.
- Connect with all cross-functional partners to ensure all US brand activities are aligned to strategy and maximizing impact across all marketing levers.
- Consolidate, prioritize and filter retailer specific requests to be supported by national media and owned channels.
- Create marketing decks, calendars and communications to inform buyers, sales partners, customer marketing and leadership of national marketing plans.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders to influence and maximize opportunities
- Show coordination
- Act as an advocate for the team in negotiating deadlines, gaining alignment and streamlining processes leading up to retailer shows.
- Keep team informed of deadlines with clear direction on deliverables.
- Managing show calendars and scheduling prep sections / rehearsals with producers
- Collect and consolidate sales feedback across the category
- Maintain critical cross-category documents with actualized information at each month’s close
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in marketing or business analytics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to synthesize data into recommendations
- Advanced knowledge working with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners
- Independent, self-starter
- CPG, toy, or consumer-facing industry experience preferred
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.