Sr. Foundation Specialist
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Do you want your work to go beyond just a career? Are you passionate about social change? If your answer is a resounding “yes!”, we may have the job for you as our Senior Foundation Associate for the Mattel Children’s Foundation and Corporate Philanthropy. We are looking for a dedicated and action-oriented individual to make a meaningful difference in the lives of children through our philanthropic work at Mattel.
What Your Impact Will Be:
The Mattel Children's Sr. Foundation Associate position will integrate key philanthropic initiatives with the core business strategies of our brands to create win-win results for our company, culture and for children worldwide. This person will shepherd strategic philanthropic initiatives from conception through implementation as well as to represent Mattel’s Children’s Foundation within the communities we serve. Through outreach, this person will help communities understand what we stand for as a company through our giving.
The position will support the Foundation Executive Director to create, manage, and execute our philanthropic programs locally as well as assist our Mattel partners in office locations across the US and globally. In addition, the Sr. Associate will support collaboration efforts with our internal partners in marketing, promotions, design, legal teams, and when appropriate licensors/licensees, as well as with our various external philanthropic partners to create, process and implement programs designed to communicate our philanthropic initiatives.
This individual will also help coordinate the implementation of our employee volunteer campaigns, in-kind toy donation programs, as well as all of the associated day-to-day activities utilizing internal and external resources in the development of materials, internal communications and philanthropic social media strategies, and measure effectiveness of communications & philanthropic programs by analyzing results and reporting findings.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 2-4 years working in a corporate social responsibility setting or a non-profit organization
- Strong relationship building skills
- A networking orientation that naturally shares information and can bring people together toward a common purpose
- Perform all tasks, assignments and needs on behalf of the team until completion in a timely and high-quality manner
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, social media platforms and secondary research
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required, as well as flawless editing skills
- Experience with event management, volunteer projects and budget management
- Proven results through creative problem solving and collaboration
- Willing to manage a range of support for the Foundation team such as:
- Order product shipments and pull key images/information for various partner contacts
- Maintain and optimize product donation warehouse & storage, shared drive folders and archives
- Provide administrative support, including managing invoices, scheduling meetings, executive calendar, travel & expenses management, brainstorm sessions, creating agendas and meeting recaps, or other administrative activities
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.