We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Sr Packaging Engineer - Dolls
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel, Inc. is seeking a creative Sr. Packaging Engineer to join its team of innovative packaging professionals. This position will be working on the Dolls portfolio which includes Barbie as well as many other brands like Enchantimals, Polly Pocket, Harry Potter and so on.
We are seeking a creative packaging individual who is involved in the package design process (not just production process) and proficient in Artios CAD and 3D modeling (i.e. Solidworks). We need a confident individual able to drive the packaging process with exceptional project management and creative skills. We are seeking a team centric individual that will work and collaborate with internal Packaging Design Staff, Marketing, Product Design, Project Managers and our counterparts Overseas. We encourage innovative thinkers and go-getters! This is a highly creative team working on a variety of packages and brands for an extensive line of playful and engaging products.
What Your Impact Will Be:
As a Sr. Packaging Engineer, this individual will design and develop innovative structural packaging solutions to support worldwide product launches through a comprehensive knowledge of technology, materials and competitive analysis. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to:
• Create innovative structures to ensure competitive advantage
• Design 3D structures that compliment and protect complex products
• Originate a package concept for cost estimate and provide different packaging solutions and cost savings
• Work on many projects concurrently and adhere to packaging and business schedules
• Work cohesively and collaboratively in a team environment; to create standard engineering drawings and to have direct experience working with single layer and multi layer paper materials plus multiple plastics and pulp materials.
• Ability to ideate and express ideas visually and verbally to the cross functional teams.
• Present ideas, problems and solutions to management and peers
• Answer questions on the fly in upper management meetings.
• Act as liaison and creative engineering partner with our China team.
• Participate in various team/department/management meetings. This is a very collaborative role requiring strong communication and partnering skills.
• Support several toy fair requirements throughout the year.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5 years of Packaging or Industrial Design experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering or related field.
- Highly creative individual with ability to develop innovative package solutions.
- Knowledge of package manufacturing processes and capable of generating detailed packaging specs. Must have experience re-thinking package designs with new, innovative visions.
- Experience working in a team environment, under tight deadlines, building strong relationships.
- Proficiency in Artios CAD and 3-D modeling.
- Originate a package concept for cost estimate and provide different packaging solutions and cost savings
- Current knowledge of competitive products at retail
- Create innovative structures to ensure competitive advantage.
- Design 3D structures that complement and protect complex products.
- Able to work on many projects concurrently.
- Adherence to packaging/business schedules.
- Present ideas, problems and solutions to management and peers. In general, the ability to clearly communicate to any number of people.
- Ability to create Mattel standard engineering drawings.
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to take initiative.
Send us your portfolio!
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.