We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Sr Sales Representative
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Mattel, Inc. is seeking an entry level sales professional to join its Emerging Channels division. The Sr Sales Rep is responsible for managing an assigned account base focused on the value channel, covering the entire Mattel and Fisher Price portfolios.
The ideal hire must utilize a insight-driven sales approach, be proactive and focus on providing solutions, develop excellent rapport with customers, prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, effectively communicate with customers and cross-functional teams, and maintain expert knowledge of the breadth of Mattel's product line.
The position may be located in the El Segundo, CA headquarters or any remote location.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Primary point of contact with assigned accounts
- Develop and execute Strategic Account Plans across multiple accounts
- Align account initiatives with Mattel's portfolio of products, managing a volume size of +6MM
- Manage promotional planning, execution and documentation in order to secure programs with account base
- Facilitate and manage against account specific vendor agreements
- Evaluate programs and margin targets utilizing a sales MDF budget to drive sales
- Liaison with the customer marketing / US marketing teams on unique brand initiatives
- Responsible for extensive knowledge of the breadth of Mattel and Fisher Price brands in order to recommend up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
- Analyze POS identifying opportunities and trends to leverage incremental shipments
- Maximize the business with defined Forecasting and Promotional planning systems, and liaise with the customer service and logistics teams to meet and exceed customer’s requirements
- Partner with customers to cancel/rebook specific PO components
- Develop customized programs and DI sourcing
What We're Looking For:
- Ability to grasp detailed product knowledge of multiple categories and product lines, selling policies, promotions, etc.
- Resilient, optimistic and passion to continually focus and achieve goals
- Self-initiative and motivation to manage area of responsibility with little supervision
- Tactfulness and business acumen in interpersonal relations – both internally and externally
- Strong communication with Sales team and accounts
- 2-4 years of direct selling experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Experience in Sales, Marketing, Consumer Packaged Goods, or Retail environment a plus
What It’s Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey – that’s why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play. Our employees embody our WONDER values and are ready to put them into action every day.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.