We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a severy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and enterpreneurs of all kinds.
Sr Web Analyst
El Segundo, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
This position will report to the Director of Ecommerce and provide leadership in defining and executing all aspects of web analytics. In addition, this role will provide insight into the performance of all AG websites (Shop, Play, etc), web initiatives, and marketing programs to enable fact-based decision making by our business partners.
What Your Impact Will Be:
The Sr Analyst position will be responsible for the following:
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis:
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to answer business questions, drive insight and enable business decisions.
- Support marketing planning through actionable and insightful analytics.
- Work closely with business partners to identify needs and translate those needs into actionable data analyses.
- Create well organized presentations that convey insights into data and trends.
- Utilize web analytics data and offline data to deliver deep insights into customer behavior and business performance.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of new features, applications, and areas of the AG websites.
- Provide metrics to support the setup and management of onsite and offsite marketing such as internal search, AG site banner ads, and channel marketing through web analytics.
- Collaborate with direct marketing team members to develop and refine website forecasts for visits, conversion rates, sales, and other key metrics.
- Subject matter expert for web analytics tool.
- Standard reporting, scorecards, and dashboards:
- Design, create, and execute periodic standard reporting, including an executive summary with business insights, for all American Girl websites.
- Design, create, and execute intuitive dashboards to drive high level knowledge of AG website performance.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) development, tagging strategy, and data quality, including data layer, management and monitoring:
- Subject matter expert for site tagging and data layer
- Develop overall tagging strategy for AG websites.
- Collaborate with business partners to define and document measurement specifications and tagging requirements to provide the needed web analytics data.
- Test and validate web analytics data.
- Work with technical teams to address data quality issues.
- Train marketing users on the use of web analytics tools so they can answer basic questions on their own.
- Test design and backend analysis:
- Recommend and develop testing strategies for all American Girl websites.
- Perform backend analysis on all executed tests.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-3 years of experience in web data analysis in a multi-channel marketing environment a must
- Experience with web analytics tools required; Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics experience preferred
- Experience with web merchandising
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of SAS, SQL and/or Cognos preferred
- Knowledge of internal site search tools such Adobe Search and Promote preferred
- Knowledge of how a data layer works a plus.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Qualified candidates will have the ability to:
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines, while also producing highly accurate and dependable results
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of detailed information and communicate the findings/issues in a succinct, coherent manner to audiences of both technical and non-technical individuals
- Demonstrate thought leadership by identifying key business issues and determining a recommendation for best approach to solve
- Possess excellent written & verbal communication skills
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.