We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a severy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and enterpreneurs of all kinds.
Fort Worth, Texas
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Line Lead is responsible for organizing people, process execution, and set up for a line / production run. The Line lead performs a variety of functions related to the line / production run.
What Your Impact Will Be:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. This list is not all inclusive.
- Provides direction to employees on assigned production lines
- Ensures employees are following established process and safety standards
- Ensures production lines are set up to meet production and safety requirements including materials, equipment, and employees.
- Able to locate, identify, and track materials needed for each job.
- Responsible for meeting output per hour and quality metrics
- Able to read, understand, act upon, and complete all work-related documents
- Able to manage and work in any VAS area
- Monitor and address all safety related issues on assigned production line
- Partners with Floor Leadperson to address any concerns related to employees, safety, and production
- Able to attend work regularly and on a timely manner
- Able to perform work with accuracy
- Able to learn and use various warehouse management programs
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by your manager or supervisor
In this position the incumbent is required to provide direction to company employees and agency associates
What We’re Looking For:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1 year of related experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to plan, assign, and direct work
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and in an effective manner
- Able to collaborate with employees at all levels within the warehouse
- Able to read an interpret documents such as BOMs, IPTs, product locations, toy descriptions, safety rules/procedures, operating instructions.
- Basic mathematic skills- ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals
- Ability to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions
- Able to problem solve basic work related challenges
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to utilize the following equipment in a safe and satisfactory manner with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Sit-down clamp lift
- AS-400 operating systems preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is constantly exposed to:
- Moving mechanical parts
- Outside weather conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is exposed to:
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Loud work area
- Hot and cold environmental conditions
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.