We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Sr Associate Shopper Marketing
Frankfurt am Main, Hesse
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
In this position you will be part of the European Amazon Shopper Marketing team within the Digital & Omnichannel team. The purpose of this position is to drive sales, awareness and brand engagement leveraging all elements of the complex and ever-changing Amazon ecosystem. You will be a part of the Amazon Europe Shopper Marketing team, working both at a regional (European) level, where you will design activation plans to be executed in Amazon across countries for some of our core brands & top licensed properties, and at a local (German) level, where you will execute these plans on Amazon across all brands and licensed properties. The position will entail external contact with Amazon to agree and execute joint digital activation campaigns.
- Design European activation plans: design programmes and campaigns to drive sales, visibility and brand engagement for some of our core brands & licensed properties, leveraging the entire Amazon ecosystem (i.e. not just website & app, but also Amazon Advertising Platform, Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Prime, Amazon Family, IMDb, Amazon Echo... as appropriate)
- Execute German activation plans: execute shopper marketing activation plans designed by you and the rest of your team in the German market. To enable this, you will need to build close relationships externally with Amazon Media Group, Amazon Marketing & SVS in Germany, as well as internally with the Mattel key account managers from our Amazon Sales Team and with the Mattel Brand Managers in the German team.
- Be able to use and Translate data: using amazon data be able to translate into learnings and outcomes to drive future successes.
- Understand the peculiarities of Amazon Germany and the German consumer and shopper, to ensure our plans are consistent across countries but also very locally relevant.
- Proven ability to build strong and effective relationships with all key stakeholders internally and externally
- Strong competitive spirit, results oriented, with a clear desire to succeed
- Great tactical skills, ability to react quickly to changing situations
- Confidently able to work on own initiative and action oriented
- Commercially savvy, aware of retailer-supplier dynamics
- Strategic thinking ability and able to demonstrate creativity through the proposal of new business opportunities
- Collaborative partner to internal and external customers
- Ability to work on a wide variety of projects within deadlines
- Skilled in selling and influencing
University degree in Economics, Business Administration or any other related field, Online Marketing Diploma or specific mention on Digital.
Minimum 3 years in online marketing, digital media, or eCommerce/eRetail – preferably within Amazon or a branded consumer goods manufacturer for whom Amazon is a top account
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.