Retail and Merchandising Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Seasonal Merchandising Associate
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
American Girl Houston is looking for dynamic a individual as Seasonal Merchandise Handler for our Back of House support, including unloading/loading in- and outbound trailers, maintaining stock levels on the sales floor, organizing back of house areas for peak efficiency, and ensuring adequate supplies are on-hand.
• Process incoming stock shipments in a safe and orderly fashion. Maintain stockroom standards for merchandise placement, cleanliness and safety.
• Pack up and load trailer with returning merchandise (returns, rework and doll hospital).
• Maintain stock on the retail sales floor, including special requests from retail partners. Monitor stock levels on an on-going basis and fill in as necessary adhering to visual standards.
• Assist in the general execution of the retail business, including floor moves, equipment maintenance, and working with other store personnel to provide a safe environment for both customers and employees. Perform special projects as requested.
• Demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing tasks to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
• 6 months to 1 year of experience in retail or service industry, either in material handling, shipping, receiving, retail or warehouse stock handling, preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Must be friendly, approachable, and willing to offer assistance to a guest in a respectful manner, especially children.
• Must be available to work open and close shifts, weekends, and holidays.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl, a subsidiary of Mattel, is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own journey – that’s why we offer paid time off including paid holidays for full-time employees and a competitive compensation and benefits package including matching 401k plans. Employees often say the best part of working with us is the people, and we build our community through activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in the design and production of quality toys and consumer products. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, content, and experiences that nourish a girl’s spirit and help develop her strength of character. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and American Girl’s classic historical characters. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, in its proprietary U.S. experiential retail stores, as well as at specialty retailers nationwide. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of parents and educators.
Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential..
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.